Service Delivery Manager
The Stanford University IT (UIT) Service Delivery Manager oversees the delivery of a high-quality services to our Stanford Healthcare clients and ensures Service Support and Delivery processes are in place to meet business needs. This position is a stakeholder facing role, and requires that you establish and manage expectations within the business and drive the IT team to achieve those expectations to a high standard.
The main role of the service delivery manager is to refine and establish service delivery processes to increase customer satisfaction, promote automation and reduce operational costs. This position coordinates cross-functional teams of technical and non-technical resources to support system enhancements and projects. These projects span a broad range including, but are not limited to, new product implementations, major application upgrades, hardware platform upgrades, support, operations, interfaces and application implementations.
A key goal for the service delivery manager is to become familiar with Stanford Healthcare needs and processes, constantly assess their feedback, and make necessary improvements. By identifying and analyzing the issues, the service delivery manager can work on eliminating bottlenecks and drive customer success.
We are looking for a dynamic individual who will drive a systematic approach to better manage the entire customer experience and develop a customer service strategy to ensure a premium customer experience that is consistent with UIT core values and mission.
- Provide and promote first class customer experience.
Responsible for creating and promoting processes, methodologies, tools and teamwork to ensure customer success.
- Develop valuable and long term relationships with our customers.
- Deep understanding of value driven results.
- Instill the vision of premium customer experience.
- Ensure continuous improvement of customer experience by evaluating performance metrics, identifying areas for improvement, and implementing and monitoring improvements to ensure they meet business goals.
- Manage service support escalations and coordinate communications with key stakeholders during such escalations.
- Understand business processes and translate into system solutions.
- Assist with feasibility studies of enhancement requests, identifying options and recommending an IT solution.
- Create business requirements, including business rules, quality attributes, performance goals, external interfaces and constraints.
- Collaborate with the business partners to gather requirements and develop statements of work, provide communications strategies and verbiage for customer notifications and service owner impact communications.
- Perform production support activities, including representing University IT in customer change meetings, assessing impact, triaging issues, , and working with multiple teams to drive solutions.
- Conduct in-depth analysis to solve problems, identifying gaps and issues that minimize system modification and maintenance; make recommendations, including discovering new approaches or applications.
* Other duties may also be assigned
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to develop, build, and maintain effective, ongoing relationships with clients, staff and management.
- This position requires a strong professional commitment to the success of the customer along with a comprehensive understanding of how to enable that success through information technology and business management.
- Experience in Vendor and Client Management preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with both process and data modeling.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with minimum direction.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and work under pressure in high stress situations.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sit, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally stand/walk, use a telephone.
- Rarely writing by hand, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Work extended hours, if needed. This includes a rotating 24X7 on-call for trouble escalations.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Code: 4802