Animal Care Assistant 1
The Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases are seeking an Animal Care Assistant 1 to maintain our vivarium, perform basic laboratory maintenance such as glassware washing, autoclaving; replenishes supplies and follows simple experimental procedures assigned by laboratory staff.
- Maintenance of vivarium and understanding of Mouse Seek.
- Use of autoclave machine and dish washer.
- Ability to handle small animals or to operate sterilizing equipment
- Demonstrated habits of cleanliness and neatness
- Ability to keep detailed records pertaining to animal census, cage inventory, and cage washing and sterilizing temperatures
- Ability to follow oral and/or written instructions in English
- Ability to learn the techniques and procedures required to care for and handle a variety of animals
- Ability to operate a variety of equipment, such as cage washer or sterilizing equipment
- Ability to lift and move a minimum of 50 pounds, e.g., feed bags or cages
- Ability to work in direct contact with animals and all components of animal housing and animal research environment
- Ability to use pipette.