Administrative Assistant Sr Healthcare
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
This position plays a critical role in providing high quality administrative support to the Manager, Supervisor and Leadership Team in the CICU. This person performs advanced, diversified and confidential secretarial and administrative duties requiring broad and comprehensive experience, skill and knowledge of organization policies and practices
- High School Diploma or equivalent education.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant office experience.
- Considerable experience in performing responsible administrative assistant duties or an equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary.
- Relevant business experience in an administrative capacity is also required.
- Must be detail oriented and organized with demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Demonstrated success with managing complex and long term projects.
- This candidate must have strong administrative assistant skills and be proficient in advanced Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
- This individual must be able to type 60-65 wpm and the ability to compose and produce professional correspondence.
- Candidate must be able to schedule appointments using standard e-mail software.
- Able to prepare charts and graphs utilizing standard database software
- Previous experience in payroll, HR support and OneStaff
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to exercise considerable discretion and independent judgement.
- Demonstrated customer-focused interpersonal skills.
- Ability to perform at a high level within a team setting with a strong willingness to support co-workers and staff.
- Demonstrated positive work ethic and strong sense of teamwork/problem solving with co-workers.
UM familiarity is preferred
Hours/Week: 28 hours per weekShift/Hours/Days: Days
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.