Floor Care Specialist
Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
Under the supervision of a Custodial Supervisor, applies advance knowledge of cleaning and floor care techniques and performs a variety of custodial duties required to maintain campus buildings and student housing areas clean, orderly and safe.
- In coordination and cooperation with other crew members, performs various floor care duties that include but are not limited to the following
- Operates floor equipment such as scrubbing machines and steam and rotary equipment to scrub, strip, wax and polish floors
- Operates carpet care equipment such as extractors, wet vacs, and dry cleaning equipment to clean carpets and upholstered surfaces using different methods of cleaning
- Moves furniture in order to clean specific areas and keep-up with work schedule
- Maintains and troubleshoots floor equipment and reports problem to supervisors
- Requires the ability to work graveyard shift. Work hours are 11:00 pm to 7:30 am
- Must be able to lift 50-75 lbs. on a regular basis and be able to bend down to clean corners by hand
- Requires the ability to work overtime when required and perform all other assigned duties
- High school graduate or equivalent plus a minimum of two year experience in floor care and custodial field (industrial or commercial)
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license
- Ability to understand and read work schedule instructions
- Requires a background investigation and a physical examination prior to an offer of employment