Teaching Fellow, Maternity Cover
5 days left
- Full Time
The Centre for Defence Chemistry at Cranfield Defence and Security has been working on propellants, explosives and pyrotechnic research for decades. We are interested in all aspects of defence manufacturing, vulnerability, combustion, and life assessment of energetic materials. We are seeking a Teaching Fellow to cover maternity leave.
Organisation Cranfield University
School/Department Centre for Defence Chemistry
Based at Shrivenham, Oxfordshire - Cranfield Defence and Security
Hours of work 37 hours per week, normally worked Monday to Friday
Contract type Fixed term contract
Fixed Term Period Fixed term for 12 months in the first instance to cover maternity leave
Salary £32,656 to £36,399 per annum (with additional performance related pay up to £45,499 per annum)
Apply by 21/11/2018
Main responsibilities include:
- Maintain the success of CBRN, OPC and other courses as appropriate through delivery of lectures, seminars, practicals and assessments through CfDC.
- Contribute to the enhancement of quality in teaching within the subject and contribute generally to the development of teaching and teaching methods within the Centre.
- Design, develop and manage further modules, short courses and Masters programs in related areas.
- Teach and examine courses within own subject area and specialism to all levels, i.e. up to postgraduate students, through lectures, seminars and personal supervision.
- Plan and carry out research as required within CfDC, contributing to the advancement of the discipline and the discovery of new knowledge.
- Demonstrate and maintain research activity of high reputation in the UK and abroad.
- Contribute to the research function of CfDC.
- Take responsibility for the research team when dealing with a specific project.
The post holder will also be responsible for supervising MSc & PhD students and providing an academic and pastoral tuition to ensure successful completion of their courses.
A degree in a field of science related to the area and experience of advancing chemistry, physics or biology is essential.
A PGCert in Academic Practice and/or membership of the Higher Education Authority is desirable
For an informal discussion, please contact Ranko Vrcelj, Senior Lecturer, on +44 (0)1793 785433 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews will be held 30 November 2018.
At Cranfield, we value Diversity and Inclusion, and aim to create and maintain a culture in which everyone can work and study together harmoniously with dignity and respect and realise their full potential. We actively consider flexible working options such as part-time, compressed or flexible hours and/or an element of homeworking, and commit to exploring the possibilities for each role.
More searches like this
- £30,001 - £40,000 Maternity Cover Biological Sciences Teaching Fellowships jobs in Swindon
- £30,001 - £40,000 Maternity Cover Physical Sciences Teaching Fellowships jobs in Swindon
- £30,001 - £40,000 Maternity Cover Life sciences Teaching Fellowships jobs in Swindon
- £30,001 - £40,000 Maternity Cover Physics & Astronomy Teaching Fellowships jobs in Swindon
- £30,001 - £40,000 Maternity Cover Chemistry Teaching Fellowships jobs in Swindon