Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in History
- Continuing, Full Time
- School of Education and the Arts
- CQUniversity Rockhampton North
- Total Remuneration (Inclusive 17% superannuation and leave loading) Academic B $114,025 to $135,411 pa, Academic C $139,686 to $160,632 pa
This is your opportunity to take part in developing an exciting course at one of Australia’s most inclusive and engaging universities! We want your invaluable knowledge and experience so that we can provide students with a memorable learning journey!
Your New School:
The School of Education and the Arts offers a wide selection of courses in the areas of Education, Creative and Performing Arts, Humanities, Hospitality, Early Childhood, Education Support, Indigenous Studies and Art from short courses, certificates and diplomas to undergraduate, postgraduate and research higher degrees. Our teachers and lecturers are experts in their fields and work closely with industry and relevant networks to ensure that students receive relevant and up to date training to ensure they are graduate work-ready
Your New Role:
Make significant contributions to teach and supervise undergraduate and postgraduate University students within the School of Education and the Arts and supporting their educational development through multi-modal delivery strategies. You are expected to play a major role in scholarship, research and/or professional activities. You will perform assigned teaching duties with students on and off campus with a standard of planning, preparation, presentation and assessment as necessary for students to achieve unit and course objectives. You will critically evaluate the operation of the teaching programme and communicate such evaluations to the relevant Dean / Head as appropriate.
You Will Be:
- Collaborating and cooperating with other departments to achieve positive business outcomes.
- Building strong professional networks and developing and maintaining working relationships with others that requires interaction and mutual support.
You Will Have:
- Please refer to the relevant Position Description for the Qualifications required for each Academic level.
- Teaching qualification or willingness to undertake a Graduate Certificate in Tertiary Teaching / Education.
- An understanding of current professional and educational issues in higher education and the ability to engage and work effectively with colleagues within the School and across the University to support students and promote CQUniversity.
- Willingness to obtain, if required, a qualification in adult education in order to meet the minimum requirements of a Registered Training Organisation as outlined in the relevant government Standards e.g. Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, or a Diploma or higher level qualification in adult education (e.g. Bachelor or Graduate Certificate in Tertiary and Adult Education)
To begin your journey with Australia’s most engaged and inclusive University
- Go to http://www.cqu.edu.au/jobs and apply today!
- Vacancy Reference Number: 32747
- Applications Close: 11:59 pm, Sunday 25 November 2018
You must submit the following documents in order to be eligible for consideration for this role: Cover Letter (optional), Current Resume and Responses to Selection Criteria,. Use uppercase alphabetic or numeric characters only in your file names. Do not use any characters such as apostrophe (‘), slash (/), ampersand (&) etc. except in your email address. “Applicants for the position must have full time work rights.”
CQUniversity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply