Scientific Research Associate
Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
The Scientific Research Associate will take the lead on acquisition and analysis of data from telescopic searches of distant solar system objects.
- Perform observations at the Subaru telescope to collect data to be searched for distant objects.
- Develop a robust pipeline to carry out the search.
- Develop an understanding of the orbital and size distributions of these objects.
- Participate in scientific papers on the analysis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- PhD in the field of planetary astronomy or a closely related field.
- 4 or more years of post-PhD experience in the field of planetary astronomy or a closely related field.
- Understanding of complex astronomical data sets.
- Understanding of the techniques required for the analysis.
- Ability to work independently.
- Significant observational experience.