Starting Salary Range: $60,342 - $83,034 (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 4-10 hour days
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: 24-MD:JH at Greenspring Station
Department name: 10002859-SOM OB GYN Reproductive Endocrinology
Personnel area: School of Medicine
- Responds and communicates via phone/email to advertisements and calls of donor oocyte interest (takes initial criteria check for eligibility, reviews donor oocyte process with candidate). Sends or emails packets of information, and donor applications.
- Retrieves returned evaluations, and donor applications.
- Obtains physician approval for further screening.
- Schedules donor candidate for initial donor oocyte consultation.
- Creates and provides physician with all FDA and necessary test requisitions for appointment.
- Educates donor candidate of continued donor screening process.
- Retrieves results of all physician documentation and required FDA screening test results.
- Determines donor oocyte candidate eligibility, and reports back to physician with data.
- Maintains current compliance with all FDA regulations for donor oocyte.
- Updates SOP’s for all procedures as required by the FDA.
- Maintains manual for FDA compliance and inspection.
- Obtains annual FDA laboratory inspection and permits.
- Oversees inspection.
- Educates all team members with annual required FDA education and updates/documents all team members’ participation.
Consultations for Oocyte donor and recipients:
- Provides referred potential recipient couples with an educational session, which summarizes all components and requirements for utilizing an oocyte donor as part of their treatment.
- Identified as the direct contact for all donor and donor recipient concerns, questions, and support. Educates the designated donor for treatment and injections.
Communication with donor and recipient:
- Schedules all appointments, ultrasounds, blood testing, and procedures.
- Provides update to both parties as cycle progresses.
- Follow-up with donor after procedure.
- Orders all special blood kits for outgoing tests.
- Packaging of all test materials.
- Document control for all data for FDA compliance.
- Documentation with insurance company for recipient billing.
- Chart organization.
- File maintenance.
IVF Nurse Support:
As time permits, ability to assist IVF team to coordinate and implement daily activities of IVF practice.
- Individual must be registered nurse, licensed in State of Maryland or state where practicing. Current CPR certification required.
- Must maintain current licensure and certification during duration of employment.
- Completion of the JHH credentialing process is required prior to start date.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing or related discipline preferred.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.