The Communications Specialist participates in the strategic communications activities for the Department of Medicine Chair's Office, and is part of the team supporting the department chair, vice chairs, and training program leaders.
- Provide communications support for awards, recognition, and wellness initiatives that highlight the efforts and accomplishments of faculty, trainees, and staff;
- Provide planning and logistical support for regular meetings and special activities and events of the Chair's Office, including faculty gatherings and leadership search committee activities;
- Participate in the range of activities undertaken by the communications team to keep the department's people informed and engaged, including writing and editing content for the department website, gathering information for the department's newsletters, managing ongoing and ad hoc information-gathering and registration forms, managing social media accounts, and assisting with continuing medical education activities;
- Provide support to department leaders and Vice Chairs as necessary, including clinical affairs, faculty affairs, research, and division chiefs.
- Support the general needs of the Chair’s Office, including administrative assistance to the Chair’s Coordinator
- Work requires communication and project management skills normally acquired through a bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Excellent writing and oral communications skills;
- Attention to detail and ability to manage scheduling, processes, and workflows;
- Work generally requires one year related experience in advertising, marketing, media, promotions or public relations.
Requisition Number 401509981
Duke Entity MEDICAL CENTER
Job Code 1290 COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST
Job Family Level 10
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging.
Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires communication and marketing skills normally acquired through a bachelor's degree in a related field.
Work generally requires one year related experience in advertising, marketing, media, promotions or public relations. OR ANY OTHER EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID