The position of Financial Analyst III, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), is currently vacant in the Duke University Health System (DUHS) Associate Vice President, FP&A office. The position has been assigned job code 5043 (pay band G2) by Rewards and Recognition.
This position will have the following primary responsibilities:
- Assist in the coordination and development of the Health System’s comprehensive annual financial plan as well as other ad hoc financial analyses for senior financial management
- Assist with preparation and compilation of materials for Task Force and Executive team meetings related to the financial planning process.
- Become knowledge expert in software used for Financial Planning process
- Lead finance support for DUHS equity transfers to Duke University and School of Medicine (SOM) including quarterly reporting and variance analysis as well as annual budget coordination.
- Prepare presentation and other materials for DUHS Board of Directors Executive Management Committee meetings
- Prepare monthly Operating Performance Dashboard and annual Actual to Budget variance analysis
- Other ad hoc projects as needed
The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or equivalent. MBA and MHA graduates will be strongly considered. The position requires four years or more of experience in FP&A, Hospital Finance, accounting, or financial reporting. Experience auditing under healthcare GAAP will also be considered. An advanced degree may be considered in lieu of the experience requirement OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE. A CPA License is highly desirable for this position although CPA candidates will be considered.
Previous healthcare or Financial Planning experience is desired. Knowledge of Financial Statements (preferably healthcare) and data mining/analysis skills are highly preferred. The ability to perform several projects simultaneously and respond to changing priorities is expected. Proficiency in Excel and Word is required. Prior experience with Oracle/Hyperion, SAP, EPSi, and/or StrataJazz is desirable. The primary interviewers for this position will be the Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis and the Director, Financial Planning and Coordination, DUHS.
Requisition Number 401509676
Duke Entity HEALTH SYSTEM
Job Code 5043 FINANCIAL ANALYST III
Job Family Level G2
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration or a related field.
CPA is desirable.
Work requires a minimum of six years experience in financial management, cost accounting or a field directly related to specialized area of assignment.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Auto req ID