Assistant Professor in Paediatrics
The appointee will be required to teach undergraduate and postgraduate paediatric programmes, providing leadership in the development of clinical research and administrative matters. The incumbent will report to the Head of School-Medical Sciences through their respective HOD and discipline head; and is responsible for teaching and day to day supervision of medical student in the medical rotation, students in pre-clinical years, post-graduate diploma & Master in Medicine students and any other duties designated by the Head of Department and Head of School. This position includes the development of teaching materials, on-going revision of curricula; assessment and evaluation of students and consultant work at Government hospitals. Clinical commitment at the CWM Hospital and Lautoka Hospital and other relevant Government health facilities will be involved.
- A relevant Master of Medicine degree in Pediatrics or Fellowship in Paediatrics with relevant professional College with extensive (over 5 years of post-masters/post-fellowship) work experience in clinical Pediatrics or teaching, research & curriculum development.
- The appointee must have an MBBS degree or other medical degree (e.g. MD) and be eligible for specialist medical registration in Paediatrics with Fiji Medical and Dental Council.
- Should be research active.
- Strong communication and time management skills and the ability to meet objectives within set deadlines with high level inter-personal, personnel management and leadership skills.
- Ability to take on administrative duties.
- Display academic leadership in teaching and/or in research specialty.
- Formal tertiary teaching qualification.
- Prior teaching experience.
An attractive salary commensurate with qualifications and abilities will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
College of Medicine, Nursing & Health Sciences
School of Medical Sciences