Research Associate in Chemical Engineering
Faculty of Engineering and Mathematical Sciences
Department of Chemical Engineering; School of Engineering
- Focus on the use of NMR techniques for the characterisation of porous media
- 2 year full time appointment
- Salary range: Level A $68,452 - $92,497.00p.a.
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top Australian universities and a member of the prestigious Group of Eight research-intensive universities ranked among the top 100 universities in the world.
About the work area:
The School of Engineering is renowned for its award-winning researchers, teachers and facilities. The broad-based undergraduate and postgraduate programs are complemented by a wide range of research activities. The School is a leader in developing graduates in the critical industries of energy and oil and gas. More information can be found at https://www.uwa.edu.au/ems/schools/school-of-engineering
As the appointee you will, under direction of Professor Mike Johns, conduct experimental and analytical research regarding the use of various NMR techniques (in particular multi-dimensional relaxometry and diffusion measurements, including the use of solid and magic echoes) to characterise various fluids in porous media.
Specifically you will consider their use to characterise natural gas adsorption and absorption in clays and immobile organic matter in model porous media and shale rock core samples. The objective of the research is to improve prediction of producible hydrocarbons from complex shale samples based on special core analysis using benchtop NMR spectrometers. It will feature collaboration with Chevron Energy /Technology.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- A PhD in a relevant field (e.g. engineering, physics, chemistry)
- Strong track record of research publication relative to opportunity.
- Extensive research experience regarding the application of NMR techniques for the characterisation of porous media.
- Experience with either adsorption/absorption and/or rock core characterisation highly desirable
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills in the preparation of high-quality reports, presentations and publications.
- Highly developed organisational skills with an ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and conduct research.
- An ability and willingness to direct and supervise students.
Full details of the position’s responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description and applicants should clearly demonstrate they meet the selection criteria.
Closing date: Friday, 23 November 2018
This position is open to international applicants.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
- UWA has been awarded Top Ten Employer for LGBTI – inclusion the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2016).
- The University is also a proud member of the Athena SWAN/SAGE Pilot for Gender Equity.
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Engineering & Technology Research Associate jobs in Crawley
- Fixed Term Physical Sciences Research Associate jobs in Crawley
- Fixed Term Chemical Engineering Research Associate jobs in Crawley
- Fixed Term Physics & Astronomy Research Associate jobs in Crawley
- Fixed Term Chemistry Research Associate jobs in Crawley