Starting Salary Range: $43,101 - $59,202
Employee group: Casual / On Call
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: 04-MD:School of Medicine Campus
Department name: 10003130-SOM Psy General Psychiatry
Personnel area: School of Medicine
This position functions as a planning, writing and document-preparation resource for department leadership and its development team as needed for special projects.
- Organize and produce presentation materials and documents related to the process.
- Organize, assemble, and edit other documents and reports for department leadership, including slide shows, charts and other graphic design.
- Compose or edit letters, write speeches, design presentations, and edit general media articles for the Director.
- Assist the Development Office with editing of fund-raising proposals and event scripts.
- Produce graphic art for event publicity and development materials.
- Coordinate and generate written content and multimedia assets for the website.
- Other communications projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Two years related experience
Master’s degree. Knowledge of and interest in psychiatry preferred.
Special knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to interact with faculty and staff on research teams, in clinical programs, and with educational outreach initiative to strategize about their communication needs.
- Attention to detail a must.
- Good proofreading skills.
- Excellent oral communication skills to deal effectively within and outside the department.
- Excellent written communications skills in a variety of forms, print material, website content, speeches, and publicity materials.
- Knowledge of and aptitude for graphic design and typography.
- Skilled in computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Publisher.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn about the work of the department as well to acquire new technical skills as needed.
- Excellent organizational skills to work effectively in an environment that requires balancing multiple assignments.
- Ability to interact effectively with individuals at all levels and from diverse cultures.
Any specific physical requirements for the job:
- Able to sit in a normal seated position for extended periods.
- Able to reach by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction.
- Finger dexterity required, able to manipulate objects with fingers rather than entire hand(s) or arm(s), e.g., use of computer keyboard.
- Communication skills using the spoken word.
- Ability to see within normal parameters.
- Ability to hear within normal range.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.