PDC - Finance GENERAL DESCRIPTION
- Perform a variety of accounting tasks involved in maintaining financial records and processing related data such as invoices, vouchers, payments and other documents.
- Prepare various financial and accounting forms and logs.Perform other related duties incidental to the work detailed below.
- Verify, code, process, and issue payments of incoming invoices and physician/employee reimbursement requests
- Maintain interface with departmental and clinic personnel to obtain and provide information to verify or support financial transactions and ensure compliance with established purchasing policies and procedures
- Log, deposit and post checks and cash received in finance office
- Verify sales tax assessment on purchases
- Monitor and reconcile payables & receivables accounts monthly
- Review and assist in updating existing policies and procedures
- Generate annual 1099s and W-9 requests
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and prioritizing skills
- Previous experience in AP or general accounting
- Previous experience in Great Plains accounting systems
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES:
- Work requires knowledge of general accounting principles usually through two years post- secondary education in accounting or another business related field.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES:
- Work generally requires three years of experience in an accounting setting to become familiar with the accepted accounting practices involved in maintaining financial records, and reconciling accounting information or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience
- Review expenses against budget Must be able to work under time pressures in a busy clinic/office environment.
- Must be present on site for 8 hour shifts during standard business hours.
- Must participate in group activities requiring interpersonal skills & cooperation.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments, conflicting demands & priorities.
- Must maintain attention to detail over extended period of time.
- Must be continually aware of variations in changing situations.
- Must be able to move throughout office environment throughout day.
- Must be able to reach for objects by extending arms.
Requisition Number 401509988
Duke Entity PRIVATE DIAGNOSTIC CLINICS
Job Code 4182 ACCOUNTING CLERK
Job Family Level C2
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires knowledge of general accounting principles usually through two years post-secondary education in accounting or a related business field.
Work generally requires three years of experience in an accounting to become familiar with the accepted accounting practices involved in maintaining financial records, reconciling accounting information and preparing financial statements, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE.
Auto req ID