Staff Specialist in Psychiatry
- Plan, coordinate and participate in the establishment and operation of a specialized program and/or activity at Duke University planning methods and developing systems in accordance with predetermined goals and objectives.
- Develop and implement complex information systems in support of program activities and provide adequate reference of data, documentation of procedures and processes and evaluation of program results.
- Maintain liaison with appropriate personnel, University Departments and outside sources to obtain and provide pertinent information and to answer inquiries concerning program activities.
- Compile and analyze information in support of program activities; prepare reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations and conclusions.
- Plan and schedule work priorities in accordance with program goals and deadlines. Advise or direct designated personnel in the department or division; make work assignments and review work for accuracy and completeness.
- Plan and execute the distribution of reports and information as required.
- Advise supervisor as to the status of current activities and additional or expanded program requirements; make recommendations for solution to problems identified. Assist in determining budgetary recommendations and requirements; monitor, verify and reconcile expenditures of budgeted program accounts.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Required Qualifications at this Level
- Work requires knowledge of basic mathematical, research and communications principles normally acquired through two years of postsecondary education.
- Work generally requires four years of clerical or research experience to acquire strong skills in administrative or project research responsibilities as well as accepted office management, communications and research practices.
- A bachelor's degree in a field of study directly related to the specific position may be substituted for the education and two years of the experience requirement (OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE)
Requisition Number: 401510031
Duke Entity: MEDICAL CENTER
Job Code: 83 STAFF SPECIALIST
Job Family Level: 09
Full Time/Part Time: FULL TIME
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas, an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires knowledge of basic mathematical, research and communications principles normally acquired through two years of post secondary education.
Work generally requires four years of clerical or research experience to acquire strong skills in administrative or project research responsibilities as well as accepted office management, communications and research practices.A bachelor's degree in a field of study directly related to the specific position may be substituted for the education and two years of the experience requirement.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req: ID106102BR