Director, Global Chapters & Alumni Programs
Stanford Graduate School of Business
Residing in Silicon Valley, the heart of innovation, Stanford GSB has built a global reputation based on its immersive and innovative management programs. We provide students a transformative leadership experience, push the boundaries of knowledge with faculty research, and offer a portfolio of entrepreneurial and non-degree programs that deliver global impact like no other. We strive to change lives, change organizations, and change the world.
The Alumni Relations Department of Stanford GSB seeks a Director of Global Chapters & Alumni Programs to lead a team engaging the school’s 30,000 alumni. The GCAP team oversees and supports over 60 volunteer-run alumni chapters and regional events around the world as well as a suite of alumni programs. The portfolio of programs may change over time but currently includes academic, personal, and professional development for alumni; pro bono alumni consulting teams for nonprofit organizations; and targeted programs for recent alumni. The Director may manage one or more chapters and will also serve on the Alumni Relations management team and support a committee of the GSB Alumni Association board of directors. This position reports to the Director of Alumni Relations and is part of the larger External Relations group.
Are you an energetic alumni relations professional ready to lead a team? Can you help us design new and creative ways to engage our diverse alumni in all career and life stages, both on campus and around the world? If so, come join us!
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Manage, recruit, coach, and develop alumni relations staff, providing them with supervision, guidance and mentoring in goal-setting, performance management, skill building and professional growth.
- Participate in the development of strategic department plans, policies, and procedures for alumni programs and events.
- Recruit, train, and oversee volunteers and volunteer-led projects.
- Evaluate programs and services for customer satisfaction.
- Oversee budgeting, forecasting, and cost negotiations for alumni events and programs.
- Work with other departments to identify and implement new markets and develop program strategies.
- Negotiate high-level contracts with vendors and oversee the quality of delivered products and services.
- Collaborate with campus partners.
- Represent the organization to internal and external groups regarding business and program activities.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Excellent management skills, including coaching and developing staff.
- Strong interpersonal, team, and leadership skills; tact and flexibility in working with diverse population groups.
- Proven decision-making skills and the ability to understand and solve complex questions.
- Strong ability to understand customer needs.
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills and the ability to plan and oversee special events.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Valid California non-commercial class driver's license.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
Stanford’s dedicated 16,000 staff come from diverse educational and career backgrounds. We are a collaborative environment that thrives on innovation and continuous improvement. At Stanford, we seek talent committed to excellence, driven to impact the future of our legacy, and improve lives on a global sphere. We provide competitive salaries, excellent health care and retirement plans, and a generous vacation policy, including additional time off during our winter closure. Our generous perks align with what matters to you:
· Freedom to grow. Take advantage of career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a Ted Talk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or leader discuss global issues.
- A caring culture. We understand the importance of your personal and family time and provide you access to wellness programs, child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care and caregiving support.
- A healthier you. We make wellness a priority by providing access to world-class exercise facilities. Climb our rock wall, or participate in one of hundreds of health or fitness classes.
- Discovery and fun. Visit campus gardens, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. We offer free commuter programs and ridesharing incentives. Enjoy discounts for computers, cell phones, recreation, travel, entertainment, and more!
We pride ourselves in being a culture that encourages and empowers you.
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and résumé along with your online application. Your one-page cover letter should briefly describe your background in customer service and provide examples of your experience with attention to detail, responsiveness, and decision-making.