Student Recruitment Officer
4 days left
- Full Time
Location: Manchester St James's
Closing date: 26/10/2018
Employment type: Permanent
Department: Commercial - Student Management Centre
This is an exciting and demanding student recruitment role which will require you to build and maintain long-term relationships with our students. You will need to be comfortable working to targets and being measured on these.
The main purpose of the role is
- To convert student enquiries into registered students by identifying their needs and matching our programmes to give a best-fit solution, in line with BPP University standards and volumes
- To advise the prospective student fully on what is expected when studying at BPP University and ensure the student is fully prepared to succeed on their chosen programme
- To consistently follow up on leads in order to determine validity and timescale for action, enrolment timing and student-centric deadlines.
Main duties and Responsibilities
- To achieve contact conversion and recruitment volumes by matching our programmes to the needs of the prospective student
- To convert contacts from students and prospects in to enrolments, whenever possible
- To consistently deliver a high quality service to all students in line with agreed BPP student contact service and call handling standards in order to promote continuing student relationships, working collaboratively with the wider Admissions Team
- To consistently provide a proactive level of support to always meet students’ expectations
- To process all leads and applications in line with the enrolment strategy to ensure that the database is consistently kept within SLA
- To maintain a consistently high contact with prospects, students and enquiries through outbound activity.
- To provide accurate responses to student enquiries, and relevant and up to date literature and information as appropriate, keeping accurate records of email correspondence and phone discussions.
- To provide advice on entry requirements, fees, course structure, admissions and enrolment procedures and information about funding opportunities as required.
- Where system data is not available, to respond to queries requesting such information from appropriate internal experts and amend / update system for future purposes as appropriate
- To utilise BPP systems effectively and focus on student records and unique identifiers
- To consistently record details of all potential students in the database
- To enrol students in real time, wherever possible to ensure swift handling of applications and send out confirmation within agreed SLAs.
- As required by Management, to promote and attend Student Recruitment Events to promote BPP and its programmes, in order to increase enrolments.
- To liaise with the Student Finance Advisor team ensuring students financial requests are handled efficiently
- To undertake any other duties effectively, as required by Management.
- To adhere to BPP Equal Opportunities policy in all activities, and to actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible
- To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, in accordance with the Health and Safety at work Act (1974) and relevant EC directives
- To adhere to the internal Ethics policy
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required for Role
- Educated to degree level or relevant work experience that demonstrates analytical and communication skills
- A genuine interest in helping students
- Confident user of databases and reporting tools
- Outbound and Inbound Telephone customer service or sales experience
- Experience of working within strict KPIs
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to build and develop good working relationships across all levels over long periods of time
- Well organised and self-disciplined with the ability to work quickly and calmly under pressure within strict deadlines
- Able to work with speed and accuracy of information
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Able to demonstrate individual accountability
- Computer literate with experience of MS word, excel and email packages
- Ability to work as a team player and on own initiative
- Previous experience in Higher Education or an Admissions Department
- Understanding of both Undergraduate and Post Graduate Higher Education admissions processes
- An awareness of good data management practice e.g. Freedom of Information, Data Protection