Patient Account Analyst
General Description of the Job Class
Coordinate, prepare and analyze complex accounts receivable and/or financial reports. Review and analyze trends, advising PRMO, DUHS and PDC leadership regarding conclusions and recommendations. Work with Vendor Relations.
Duties and Responsibilities of this Level
- Provide expert level analysis and detail relating historical trends and processes to assist management in achieving department goals and objectives. Maintain professional relationships with external Vendors, Clinics, and Facilities as well as internal relationships.
- Manages, analyzes and provides feedback for departmental specific reports, i.e., unapplied cash, all credit balance work queues, Hyland On Base Reports etc.
- Work with front end/Clinic’s on feedback and make recommendations on front end collections and the systems used to bring back patients responsibility on co-pays, deductibles, ect.
- Develop or update, document and communicate policies, procedures and/or quality improvement processes prior to implementation or within established guidelines and evaluate the impact of changes in policies, procedures and processes timely.
- Assist with Management of Vendor Relations. Serve as back up handling weekly Vendor calls and training. Update spreadsheets/data for weekly productivity and outstanding volume for Outsourcing monthly reporting to Senior Leadership. Create audit spreadsheets for monitoring and management of Vendor Assigned Work trending backlogs and areas of negative impact for Credit Balance Department.
- Act as a technical resource to operational management and staff on the appropriate interpretation of accounts receivable and/or financial data. Develop and maintain monthly KPI Reporting for Management.
- Review and resolve inquiries received from internal customers and other departments within 2 business days; executive issues must be resolved within 24 hours.
- Coordinate, mentor, train staff regarding accounts receivable and financial systems, analyses, reports and policies/procedures.
- Recommend various personnel actions including, but not limited to, hiring, performance appraisals, promotions, transfers and vacation schedules.
- Identify process improvements and make recommendations to improve financial systems including staff educations/training, Vendor education/training, operational workflow modifications, external payer policy changes and work with appropriate personnel to implement those improvements.
- Create, revise and manage Productivity and OER reports for Vendors. Provide feedback to Vendor Management staff on weekly calls.
- Organize and lead committee meetings across DUHS, PRMO and PDC as it relates to Unapplied Cash, Credit Balances, Up Front Collections, Registration issues, ect.
- Assist in defining and executing the short and long term departmental specific goals and objectives.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Data analysis and reporting, Billing/Collections, Insurance Claims, Coding, Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint) Good communication skills (verbal and written) are essential.
Distinguishing Characteristics of this Level
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Requisition Number: 401504117
Duke Entity: PRMO
Job Code: 5481 PATIENT ACCOUNT ANALYST
Job Family Level: F2
Full Time/Part Time: FULL TIME
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas ,an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Bachelor's degree in business, healthcare administration, accounting,finance or a related field is required.
Four years of experience in healthcare accounts receivable, financial management, accounting or a directly related field is required.
Auto req: ID105839BR