Classification: A18 - 100% FTE (Bargaining Unit)
Supervisor: Golf Course Superintendent
Greenskeepers perform a variety of duties requiring skill and experience in golf course maintenance. Greenskeepers follow work schedules prepared by a supervisor. Work is reviewed during progress and/or completion. Work is generally done outdoors under variable environmental conditions (darkness, weather, etc.). Work schedules often include weekend work.
- Operates standard transmission utility vehicles and tractors.
- Operates a variety of power equipment for mowing, spraying, moving earth, etc.
- Sets cups, locates tee markers, maintains sand traps, waters greens and fairways, repairs course damage.
- Checks condition of golf course and reports findings to supervisor.
- Performs a variety of general buildings and grounds maintenance duties: paints tee markers, cleans and repairs sprinkler heads, locates and repairs breaks in water mains, sharpens mower blades, repairs or helps repair golf course equipment such as tractors, golf carts, mowers.
- Performs minor building maintenance including minor indoor plumbing and electrical repairs as required.
- Performs laboring duties including digging, trenching, sodding, debris hauling and clean ups.
- Ability to work outside in all types of outside weather conditions.
- Ability to follow job related instructions and work independently.
- Ability to operate non-mobile and/or mobile power equipment such as tractors with a variety of attachments. Includes standard transmission vehicles.
- Ability to recognize unnatural or unhealthy appearance of plant materials.
- Ability to use hand tools to perform a variety of minor repairs.
- One year of greenskeeping and/or groundskeeping experience is required.
- Valid California Drivers License is essential.
- Ability to work safely in accordance with all safety practices and procedures.
- Ability to lift bags of up to 50 pounds.
- Qualified pesticide applicators certificate is desirable.
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.