Team Leader, Marketing and Communications
- Bring your creative influence to our vibrant team in Swinburne Student Life
- SSAA Level 6, $80,185 – $85,094 + 17% Super (negotiable)
- Full-time, Ongoing, Hawthorn Campus
About the job
Join our fun and dynamic team in Swinburne Student Life as our Marketing & Communications Team Leader reporting to the Associate Director.
A natural leader and innovative thinker, you will lead your team to deliver best practice communications and marketing services, ultimately delivering quality student experiences and an enhanced sense of belonging to our customers.
You will also:
- Lead a team of 2-3 reports and oversee all aspects and functions of communications and marketing for Student Life
- Work with other members of the Student Life team in ‘rethinking’, developing and implementing projects to enhance the student experience across all campuses
- Actively contribute to the Team Leader group to ensure a consistent, prudent and comprehensive approach to service delivery and daily operations.
You will have:
- Demonstrated relevant experience in communications and/or marketing leadership
- Demonstrated experience leading, motivating and developing a team to achieve quality standards
- Demonstrated ability to deliver measurable outcomes in the areas of:
- Communications and marketing
- Implementation of new initiatives
- Innovative approaches to service provision
A full list of the selection criteria is available within the position description.
If this opportunity excites you and you think you have the matching skills and experience we are seeking for this great role, we’d love to hear from you!
About Swinburne Student Life
Swinburne Student Life is a wholly owned company of Swinburne University of Technology with student representation on its board and exists to provide quality services and outcomes to students, in a transparent and cost effective way. These services include Clubs and Societies, Sports and Elite Athlete Program, Volunteering program, Advocacy service, and key events throughout the year at our campuses.
The University is a multi-campus institution. The incumbent will regularly be required to work at all Melbourne campuses (Hawthorn, Croydon and Wantirna).
- Salary package your car parking, superannuation and vehicle lease plans
- Hawthorn Aquatic and Leisure Centre (HALC) discounted memberships
- Onsite Health Services
Discover more discounts for Swinburne staff including news subscriptions, computer and software discounts:
Further information and how to apply
The diverse culture within Swinburne is a source of strength. We are proud to be recognised by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality 2018 and of key initiatives such as our Pride@Swinburne Strategic Action Plan and our Reconciliation Action Plan which are integral components of our 2025 vision to be world class university creating social and economic impact through science, technology and innovation. Swinburne has also received the Victorian “High Commendation” Multicultural Excellence Award (Business Category).
To view the position description or to start an application click on 'apply' at the bottom of this page and submit a resume, cover letter and response to the three Key Selection Criteria, as listed in this advertisement.
Please do not email or send paper applications, all applications must be submitted online.
For further information about the position, please contact Ella Scorringe on firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 3 9214 8172.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on +61 3 9214 8600 (option 2).
Should you require further support for an interview due to special needs or consideration, please contact our Diversity Consultant, Dr. Walter Robles, on email@example.com. For support or queries related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please contact DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au.
Applications close at: 5 pm, Thursday 1st November 2018