VE Teacher, Dental Assisting
- School of Vocational Engineering, Health and Sciences
- Melbourne CBD Location
- Semester 1 2019
RMIT is a global university of technology and design, focused on creating solutions that transform the future for the benefit of people and their environments. We are global in attitude, action and presence; urban in orientation and creativity; and connected through active partnerships with professions, industries and organisations.
The College of Science, Engineering and Health (SEH) comprises four Schools delivering a broad range of programs in science, engineering, health and technology, articulating between vocational and higher education, creating pathways for further study. The School of Vocational Engineering, Health and Sciences offers a diverse range of certificate, diploma and sub-bachelor programs, and provides opportunities for students to extend their learning across the entire spectrum of vocational and higher education both within the College and beyond.
The Role and Your Responsibilities
The School of Vocational Engineering, Health and Science is seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified dental assistants for sessional teaching, including workplace assessments.
- What we need is a enthusiastic, competent hard working person to be a part of the RMIT Dental Assisting Teaching Team (DATT) and will:
- Be compliant with the Vocational Education requirements
- Maintain professional currency in Educational and Vocational competencies
- Represent RMIT University in a positive and professional manner
- Work together as part of a positive dynamic team responding to industry requirements both current and emerging
- Demonstrate and provide a role model of the standards expected of a Dental Assistant Professional.
- Support students from diverse backgrounds the knowledge and skills to graduate and to succeed in their career.
- Be willing to grow and learn
- Certificate III in Dental Assisting
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE) 40110 or 40116
Appointment is subject to passing a Working with Children Check
To apply please click 'Apply Now' and provide:
- Cover letter outlining your suitability for the role and experience
- CV detailing any relevant industry experience and your qualifications
Applications close: Friday 30th November 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time
For further information, please contact Rachael Starr at firstname.lastname@example.org