Lecturer in Accounting
Victoria University, Sydney Campus, in partnership with Education Centre of Australia (ECA), offers both postgraduate and undergraduate level courses in Accounting, Enterprise resources planning (ERP) and IT/IS. We are inviting expression of interest for sessional lecturing role for immediate start. If you have appropriate academic qualification and teaching experience and have what it takes to be a part of dynamic teaching team of VU Sydney, we would like to hear from you.
- Financial and Corporate Accounting
- Management accounting
- Business and corporation law
- Taxation law
- Provide high quality lecturing/tutoring to students in accordance with VU curricula.
- Manage VU Collaborate (VU's online learning systems) for your unit/s.
- Create and maintain innovative learning environment for students to meet learning outcomes and satisfactorily complete their assessment tasks.
- Identify students who are at risk of failing a unit and assist them via the appropriate referral to Course Coordinator/ Academic Skills support team
- Participate in staff meeting and professional development sessions
- Provide on-going student support both face to face and online through email/VU collaborate online learning system.
- Assure the quality of the assessment and examination processes as directed by the Course Coordinator
- Adhere to VU Sydney policies and procedures as instructed by the relevant Course Coordinator
- Ensure Victoria University courses are offered in compliance with all legislative and quality requirements, particularly those prescribed by the ESOS Act
- Postgraduate level qualification (Master and/or PhD) in relevant discipline. Please note PhD is required for teaching postgraduate level units.
- Experience in teaching university level courses
- Relevant professional and/or industry experience is desirable
- Graduate certificate in tertiary teaching is preferable
- Ability to engage in research and scholarship through conference participation and publication is desirable
- Membership with a relevant professional body such as CPA Australia, CA ANZ is desirable
If you are interested in joining VU Sydney’s vibrant and dynamic teaching team and meet the selection criteria, please apply. Make sure you include a brief cover letter and curriculum-vitae detailing your relevant academic achievements and experiences.
If you require more information about these roles, please email Dr Khaled Kourouche (Academic Manager) at ‘email@example.com’.
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Law Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Sydney
- Fixed Term Mathematics & Statistics Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Sydney
- Fixed Term Physical Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Sydney
- Fixed Term Social Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Sydney
- Fixed Term Business & Economics Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Sydney