Research Technician Assistant
Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
The Single Cell Profiling and Cell Engineering Center is seeking a motivated individual to carry out large-scale experimental screens using a single-cell profiling workflow. The scope of the work spans many areas of cell and molecular biology, including experimental design, cell culture, RNA library prep, virus infections, and data analysis.
This is a 1 year term position.
- Run large-scale experimental screen on cell cultures.
- Develop cell culture protocols for human tissues (PBMC and skin).
- Develop tissue dissociation protocols for novel tissue types.
- Perform single-cell RNA-seq workflows (10x genomics).
- Report results at a high-level and also in terms of crucial experimental details.
- Lentivirus infections.
- Motivated individuals may be trained in computational workflows developed within the lab.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. in Biology or Bioengineering.
- Experience with mammalian tissue culture.
- Experience running drug screens.
- Experience with viral infections