Grants and Contracts Analyst
Grants and Contracts Analyst provides technical guidance to the team members and reviews and negotiates all awards modification and subaward modifications of all national and international awards and sub-award documents. Provides guidance to Program Teams and Program Finance Teams on award modification, subaward agreements, leases for property and equipment. Coordinates subrecipient payments and provide financial oversight. Oversee international and domestic lease documents and coordinate all technical service contracts as they relate to award portfolio.
Specific duties & responsibilities:
- Review fully executed Lease agreements for completeness and follow-up as appropriate
- Review fully executed sub-recipient agreements and modifications for completeness and follow-up as appropriate
- Ensure that all subrecipient project invoices are paid in a timely manner and charged to the appropriate sponsored program budget
- Resolve all issues surrounding the payment of subrecipient project invoices
- Assist Program Finance Team in resolving financial questions directly related to active award portfolio
- Review of all Technical Services Contracts and review of all Leases that are directly related to active award portfolio
- Provide Electronic Data Management System (EDMS) training to all Jhpiego employees
- Assist CMCD Director and Manager in the development and facilitation of all special projects. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the development, monitoring and facilitation of all special projects as assigned.
- Exercise independent judgment and apply knowledge of JHU and Jhpiego procedures and operating policies
- Provide exceptional, timely customer service in all dealings with internal and external customers
Minimum qualifications (mandatory):
- BA with 2 years’ administrative/office management experience and exposure to research administration; Additional education may substitute for required experience, and additional experience may substitute for required education to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
- Ability to apply Project Management tools to manage large projects efficiently and effectively
- Advanced knowledge of post-award process
- Strong understanding and interpretation of OMB, CFRs (Code of Federal Regulations), and FARs (Federal Acquisition Regulations)
- Strong understanding of contracts and cooperative agreements including their relevant terms, conditions and the differences between them
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, read analytically and write well and fluently
- Demonstrated ability to work with professionals at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated high-level skills in planning, organizing and managing multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently and exercise independent judgement
- Ability to work in a fast-paced complex team environment with multiple projects/tasks, short deadlines, competing deadlines and intense pressure to perform
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to thrive in environment of changing deadlines and priorities
- Strong decision making skills and results-oriented approach
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and a real team player
- Excellent organizational, presentation and verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Highly organized with attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast-paced, complex environment with multiple tasks and short deadlines
- Proficiency in MS Office 365, including ACCESS
- 4 years of progressively responsible experience preferred
- Project Management Certification
- Knowledge of JHU contracting and binding arbitration guiding policy
- Prior experience training staff
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact CTY Disability Services at: 410-735-6215 or email@example.com. For TTY users, dial 711 for Maryland Relay.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.