Research Program Assistant
Starting Salary Range: $14.00-$19.25 (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Casual
Schedule: Monday through Friday
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: 05-MD:School of Public Health
Department name: 60004110-Health Policy & Management -IHSP
Personnel area: School of Public Health
The Department of Health Policy & Management at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health is seeking qualified candidates for a casual Research Program Assistant II position starting Fall 2018. The Research Program Assistant II will work with Dr. Alyssa Moran to study the impact of widespread supermarket marketing practices on disparities in food and beverage purchases among families with children.
- Collect study data by recruiting and coordinating activities of study participants. Perform more complex study dictated activities requiring independent action i.e. experiment preparation, test administration and conducting basic data tasks.
- Assist in developing recruitment strategy for one or more studies. Place ads in newspaper. Contact referring physicians, and employs other techniques for recruitment i.e. conducting phone and in-person screenings.
- Collect data for experiments using various equipment, computer assisted programs or form filling options.
- Collect and process data by organizing data records and study files.
- Run basic statistics on a variety of data types.
- Enter data into established databases and may develop simple spreadsheets/ databases.
- Set up tools and procedures for data collection and study processes
- Serve as liaison between investigator and IRB for administrative matters.
- Prepare routine reports relating to study accrual, study trends, efficiency-related issues.
- May perform basic literature searches, abstract data from literature searches and index gathered data.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Two years related experience.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.