Medical Assistant, Certified
Perform routine administrative and patient care supportive duties in a Health System medical practice to assist medical and/or nursing staff in the examination and treatment of patients and to ensure office runs smoothly.
- Perform intake with patients to include vital signs, visit information and other clinical information as indicated.
- Administer medication sot patients as ordered by providers or by established protocols following the six rights of medication administration.
- Review education information with patients and families based on diagnosis and per provider request
- Draw blood for the lab
- Setup for therapeutic injections for provider
- Stock and maintain inventory of patient care supplies and linen.
- Clean and stock rooms
- Float in practice to other specialties to cover patient and provider needs as delegated by Health Center Administrator, Nurse Manager, charge nurse or others as delegated by clinic leadership.
- Triage office administrative duties backing up triage nurse including Epic In basket, setting up prescription, working with patients via phone.
- Participates in performance improvement projects
- Maintain clinical environment to meet JCAHO and OSHA regulations
- Other duties as delegate by Health Center Administrator, Nurse Manager, Charge Nurse,Provider or others as delegated by clinic leadership.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Previous experience in ambulatory care setting preferred.
- Previous experience with Rheumatology/Pulmonary patients preferred
- Experience with computerized charting systems, Epic Preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to self-direct
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients and clinical staff/providers
- Ability to independently seek out resources and work collaboratively.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES:
- Work requires graduation from an approved medical assistant program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation or Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
- High school or GED graduation required.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES:
- Previous experience in Rheumatology, Pulmonary or Primary Care setting preferred.
LICENSURE/ CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Certification or Registration required through AMA or AMT.
- BLS required.
- Must be able to work under time pressures in a busy clinic/office environment.
- Must be present on site for 8 hour shifts during standard business hours.
- Must participate in group activities requiring interpersonal skills &cooperation.
- Must work as late person when scheduled or according to business needs.
- Must be able to react quickly and immediately respond to emergencies.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments,conflicting demands & priorities.
- Must maintain attention to detail over extended period of time.
- Must be continually aware of variations in changing situations.
- Must be able to move throughout office environment throughout day.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to push/pull 20 lbs.
- Must be able to carry 20 lbs.
- Must be able to reach for objects by extending arms.
Requisition Number 401509899
Duke Entity PRIVATE DIAGNOSTIC CLINICS
Job Cod 4261 MEDICAL ASSISTANT, CERTIFIED
Job Family Level C1
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity o four perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Level I -- Graduation from accredited Medical Assistant program strongly preferred. High school or GED graduation required.Level II -- Graduation from a medical assistant program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs(CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES)strongly preferred. High school or GED graduation required.Level III -- Graduation from a medical assistant program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs(CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES)strongly preferred. High school or GED graduation required.
Level I -- No experience required.Level II -- Must have at least 1 year of clinical experience as a Medical Assistant in a clinical setting.Level III -- Must have at least 3 years of clinical experience as a Medical Assistant in a clinical setting.
1 year of experience will be provided for an Associate degree in Medical Assisting.General Ladder Statement: In addition to the education and experience noted, applicants must meet all requirements set forth in the Medical Assistant, Certified (CMA/RMA) Ladder Program document for Levels II and III.
Auto req ID