Information Technology Analyst
IT Analyst for DHTS Enterprise Application Services
- The IT Analyst couples knowledge of business practices/operations with knowledge of information systems to implement, maintain and support Duke Health applications.
- This includes responding to user request and ticket resolution.
- Support will require working with software vendors to resolve potential issues and testing of new features.
- Analyzes customer requirements; researches, designs, acquires and implements innovative systems.
- Implements applications, tools, processes and structures that assist end users with the management of data.
- Assists in the evaluation and revision of existing information systems.
- Applies best practices to the management of the information system life cycle.
- Provides systems support, including troubleshooting and the configuration and testing of software.
- Oversee and investigate system performance issues to improve the reliability, maintainability and performance of the system.
- Ensures security of technology solutions to meet security standards.
- Conduct daily system monitoring and system maintenance activities including system activity and utilization.
- Maintain documentation related to application administration and operations.
- Learns new tools and technologies and supports the installation/configuration/upgrades of active applications.
- Completes complex tasks and portions of larger information system projects.
- Adheres to organizational policies and procedures and follows all change control processes.
- Identifies areas for procedural improvements.
- Provides detailed specifications describing functions to be automated where needed.
- Provides assistance with creation and participation in the building of an application innovative lab approach for application delivery and resiliency by using and implementing Agile as well as DEV OPS concepts in order to build leading-edge competencies for Application delivery and services.
- Desired Skills/Knowledge
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, and technical troubleshooting skills.
- Prioritization skills and ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to work on a flexible schedule.
- Strong research and documentation skills.
- Able to communicate effectively with non-technical staff and with members of interdisciplinary teams.
- Ability to work independently.
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented.
- Ability to interact well and effectively communicate with all levels of leadership.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Ability to assist with creation and participation in the building of an application innovative lab approach for application delivery and resiliency by using and implementing Agile as well as DEV OPS concepts in order to build leading-edge competencies for Application delivery and services.
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Kubernetes is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Red Hat Linux technologies such as Open Shift, Ansible, and Red Hat Enterprise Linux is preferred
- Minimum Qualifications Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
- Committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an
- Individual's race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation,
Bachelor's degree in a technical or related field, or four years of equivalent technical experience required.
ITIL Certification preferred
Requisition Number: 401508979
Duke Entity: HEALTH SYSTEM
Job Code: 3844 DHTS IT ANALYST
Job Family Level: CD
Full Time/Part Time: FULL TIME
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas, an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Bachelor's degree in a related field, or four years of equivalent technical experience required. LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION:Credential requirements will vary, depending on work area.
Level 1 - No experience required beyond the minimum education (or equivalency) requirement.Level 2 - Two years of related experience is required.Level 3 - Four years of related experience is required.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Auto req: ID106019BR