Senior Financial Analyst
Starting Salary Range: [[$58,695 - $80,625 / commensurate with experience ]]
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: [[Monday - Friday, 8:30a - 5:00p / 37.5 hrs per week]]
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: 05-MD:School of Public Health
Department name: 10001135-International Health Sponsored Projects
Personnel area: School of Public Health
As a central resource, administer and coordinate financial operations across multiple overseas projects within the Department of International Health insuring accuracy and compliance with department/university policies.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
Primary duties include fund establishment and modification, review of fund replenishments to ensure accuracy, adequate record keeping, and compliance with department/university policies, maintenance of records for all foreign bank accounts, tracking of foreign wire transfers, act as a liaison with university/school central administration, various overseas offices and foreign organizations.
- Oversee and review Imprest fund activity within the Department of International Health.
- Maintenance of a department-wide tracking system for foreign wire transfers.
- Oversight and routing of foreign independent contract agreements.
- Provide support to department's sponsored project coordinator with proposal & subcontract processing monitoring & maintaining financial records for several non-sponsored accounts.
- Manage several key non sponsored accounts.
- Provide constructive solutions to financial managers and faculty on matters relating to international bank funds.
- Provide advice to faculty and financial managers on departmental/university policies relating to independent contracts & master consulting agreements.
- Interact with Departmental and Divisional Human Resources in circumstances where independent contractor does not meet requirements and must be hired as an employee.
- Manage and coordinate the review and signature process of key documents such as leases, project registration, etc. through the Office of the General Counsel.
- Manage and implement special projects as assigned by department administrator
Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or other related field. 5 years progressively responsible related financial/accounting experience.
Masters preferred. Experience in university or banking environment background in overseas project administration and/or foreign banking is highly desirable
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, highly organized, possess excellent communication skills (both written and oral).
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information
School of Public Health - East Baltimore Campus