Sterile Processing Technician
General Description of the Job Class
Responsible for decontamination, assembly of linen packs, operation of steam, EtO and other forms of sterilization as well as all monitoring processes included with same. Maintain adequate inventory for assembly of instruments and equipment. Perform multiple tasks that assist in the daily operation of all units as well as being responsible for customer service
Duties and Responsibilities of this Level
In addition to responsibilities noted in Central Service Technician I & II:
- Extensive knowledge regarding processes used in the decontamination, inspection, cleaning, assembling and packaging of medical/surgical material to include, but not limited to, linen, instruments and equipment according to established standards and procedures to ensure a sterile and functioning supply of materials.
- Prepare trays for designated areas according to prescribed procedures. Wrap and/or package items for specified areas according to procedures prescribed for designated areas. Must be able to operate bar code instrument tracking system. (Does not apply to all entities)
- Work with Operating Room personnel to ensure specialty trays are handled in the prescribed manner.
- Dissemble, clean, assemble and test specialty instrumentation and equipment for proper functioning. Can differentiate between single-use and reusable items. Maintain inventory of supplies and materials to include documenting usage, issuing, receiving and reordering as assigned via computer. (Does not apply to all entities)
- Assist with teaching of new hires and work as resource person for other staff as well as other units in hospital.
Requisition Number 401507957
Duke Entity ASSOCIATED HEALTH SYSTEMS
Job Code 4252 STERILE PROCESSING TECH III
Job Family Level B3
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Required Qualifications at this Level
Work requires the ability to understand and follow instructions generally acquired through a high school education. Some post-secondary education preferred.
Two years of experience to acquire advanced knowledge of central sterile processes.
Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification
Certification through a national certification board for Central Service. i.e CBSPD, IAHCSMM
Central Service Technician certificate required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge of computers and Windows environment.
Distinguishing Characteristics of this Level
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Auto req ID