Tenure-Track Professor in Marine Biology
School Faculty of Arts and Sciences
Department/Area Organismic and Evolutionary Biology
The Department of Organismic and Evolutionary Biology (OEB), in partnership with the Museum of Comparative Zoology (MCZ), seeks to appoint a tenure-track professor in Marine Biology. Research areas of interest include, but are not limited to, human impacts on marine life and ecosystems, conservation biology, marine ecology, systematics, physiology and evolutionary biology, with an emphasis on animals (invertebrates or vertebrates). We seek an outstanding individual who will establish an innovative research program and teach both undergraduate and graduate students. The position will likely be associated with a curatorial appointment in the MCZ with shared oversight responsibilities for the museum’s research collections. The department and museum have strong linkages to a number of allied institutions, including the Harvard Forest, Arnold Arboretum, Harvard University Herbaria, and Harvard Center for the Environment. Please submit applications online at http://academicpositions.harvard.edu/postings/8358. Required materials include a curriculum vitae; a statement of research and teaching interests; four representative publications; and the names, institutional affiliations, and e-mail addresses of three to five references. This appointment will be made initially at the untenured rank (Assistant or Associate Professor). Review of applications and nominations will begin Sept. 15, 2018 and conclude when the position is filled.
Doctorate in Marine Biology or related discipline required by the time the appointment begins.
Demonstrated strong commitment to teaching is desired.
Please submit the following materials through the ARIeS portal (https://academicpositions.harvard.edu/hr/postings/8358). Candidates are encouraged to apply by September, 15 2018; applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
1. Cover letter
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. Teaching statement (describing teaching approach and philosophy)
4. Research statement
5. Names and contact information of 3-5 referees, who will be asked by a system-generated email to upload a letter of recommendation once the candidate’s application has been submitted. Three letters of recommendation are required, and the application is considered complete only when at least three letters have been received.
6. Publications or copies of creative works, if applicable
26 Oxford Street
Cambridge MA 02138
Contact Email email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions or any other characteristic protected by law.
Minimum Number of References Required 3
Maximum Number of References Allowed 5
More searches like this
- Permanent Biological Sciences Professors / Chairs jobs in Massachusetts
- Permanent Physical Sciences Professors / Chairs jobs in Massachusetts
- Permanent Life sciences Professors / Chairs jobs in Massachusetts
- Permanent Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences Professors / Chairs jobs in Massachusetts