Medical Assistant in Cardiology of Raleigh
Cardiology of Raleigh
CMAs with Duke Cardiology of Raleigh/Morrisville clinics perform routine administrative and patient care supportive duties in this Health System Medical Practice to assist providers and nursing staff in the examination and treatment of patients with efficient patient flow and strong patient satisfaction scores. This includes working under pressure in a busy clinic.
- Administrative duties include medical records, answering and handling telephone call,greeting patients,scheduling appointment, handling correspondence, assist with other administrative duties as assigned.
- Clinical duties include rooming patients, documentation of vital signs, medication reconciliation, health maintenance history, EKGs, cardiac monitor application and education and appropriate documentation, future testing instructions, assisting providers during exams, POC testing for Glucose and anti coagulation monitoring, dressing change as directed, other clinical duties as assigned.
- Stocking, cleaning patient areas as assigned. Maintain required training.
- Transport wheelchair patients to hospital admission or ER as directed.
- Rotate to satellite clinic when asked.
- Assist in imaging area when asked.
- Daily clinic preparation
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Great customer service skills/phone and face to face
- Ability to understand, follow oral and written instructions,generally acquire through high school education or medical assisting program.
- Heavy lifting and the ability to transport stretcher and wheelchair patient may be required.
- Working knowledge of sterile technique and special procedures that are relevant tot his patient population.
- Working knowledge of sanitation, personal hygiene, infection control,basic health and safety precautions.
- Age specific competencies.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients and clinic staff.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES:
- High School Graduation or GED
- Successful completion of Medical Assistant program or successful challenge of certification exam,
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES
- Previous ambulatory care experience.
- Prefer cardiology background.
LICENSURE/ CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
CMA or RMA certification
- Must be able to work under time pressures in a busy clinic/office environment.
- Must be present on site for 8 hour shifts during standard business hours.
- Must participate in group activities requiring interpersonal skills & cooperation.
- Must work as late person when scheduled or according to business needs.
- Must be able to react quickly and immediately respond to emergencies.
- Must travel between locations on needed basis.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments, conflicting demands & priorities.
- Must maintain attention to detail over extended period of time.Must be continually aware of variations in changing situations.Must be able to move throughout office environment throughout day.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.Must be able to push/pull in wheelchair or on stretcher 350 pounds.
- Must be able to carry 25 lbs.Must be able to reach for objects by extending arms.
Requisition Number: 401506983
Duke Entity: PRIVATE DIAGNOSTIC CLINICS
Job Code: 4261 MEDICAL ASSISTANT, CERTIFIED
Job Family Level: C1
Full Time/Part Time: FULL TIME
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Level I -- Graduation from accredited Medical Assistant program strongly preferred. High school or GED graduation required.Level II -- Graduation from a medical assistant program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs(CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES)strongly preferred. High school or GED graduation required.Level III -- Graduation from a medical assistant program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs(CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES)strongly preferred. High school or GED graduation required.
Level I -- No experience required.Level II -- Must have at least 1 year of clinical experience as a Medical Assistant in a clinical setting.Level III -- Must have at least 3 years of clinical experience as a Medical Assistant in a clinical setting.Note: 1 year of experience will be provided for an Associate degree in Medical Assisting.General Ladder Statement: In addition to the education and experience noted, applicants must meet all requirements set forth in the Medical Assistant, Certified (CMA/RMA) Ladder Program document for Levels II and III.
Auto req: ID105907BR