Driver, Security/Safety Escort Programs
TR - Transportation
Operate a seven or fifteen passenger van to transport employees, patients, students and visitors between Duke University Medical Center and/or campus buildings, parking lots, and remote areas according to established schedules; patrol and secure assigned parking areas of Duke University Medical Center and/or campus.
- Operate a seven or fifteen passenger van to transport employees, patients, students and visitors between Duke University Medical Center and/or campus buildings, parking lots, and remote areas according to established schedules.
- Perform operational inspection of vehicle to include tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, water, and interior; perform simple routine maintenance and repairs; report any problems to supervisor; sweep and clean vehicle.
- Maintain a pleasant and friendly environment for passengers; assist passengers to board and debark vehicle, accompanying to destination as required; ensure vehicle has adequate supply of informational brochures and employee newspapers.
- Patrol and secure assigned parking areas of Duke University Medical Center and/or campus to detect and report unauthorized or suspicious persons, unsafe conditions or other irregularities; operate strobe lights, spotlights and floodlights to provide safe transit of employees to and from the van during evening and early morning hours. Maintain radio communication with Security/Safety Dispatcher to receive work assignment and to report all irregularities as outlined above.
- Complete operator's report to provide information on times vehicle is operated, miles driven, number of passengers, and other data requested by supervisor.
- Assist University Security Officers and Public Safety Officers
Requisition Number 401503627
Duke Entity CENTRAL ADMIN MANAGEMENT CTR
Job Code 649 DRIVER, SEC/SAF ESCORT PRGMS
Job Family Level 04
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires the ability to follow instructions normally acquired through a partial high school education.
Work requires no prior experience. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE Valid North Carolina Class C driver's license is also required.
Auto req ID