MLPN-Harris and Smith OB/GYN
Efficiently plan and execute professional care for patients at Harris and Smith OB-GYN while independently following nursing plans of care and established policies and procedures.
Provide nursing services to patients and families in accordance with the scope of the MLPN.
- Plan, provide and document nursing care at Harris and Smith OB-GYN while utilizing the nursing care process in accordance with physician orders and established procedures.
- Collect and analyze patient data, evaluate nursing care provided and document outcomes and patient responses and report necessary information to other staff as needed.
- Collaborates with RN to initiate or revise plan of care based on needs of patient
- Participate in clinic compliance activities (I.E audits and PI projects)
- Maintain required competencies for education. Be able to identify learning needs and seek appropriate assistance or educational offerings.
- Support others with their personal development.
- Identify improvement opportunities for clinical, operational and safety related performance.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment; appropriately stock and clean exam rooms.
- Perform necessary in clinic testing of patient samples of urine and blood with proper use lab equipment such as Clintex and Hemocue.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of scope of the certified medical assistant
- Knowledge of application of the nursing process
- Ability to work independently and seek out the necessary resources
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with patients, families, visitors, physicians, administrators and others
- Competent in BLS and/or other life support requirements
- Ability to use a computer and learn new software programs
- Ability to document and communicate patient information into the computer and/or paper documentation
- Ability to remain focused and organized
- Ability to adapt to changes in schedule, work load and office location.
- Working knowledge of procedures involved in routine office procedures performed by the physician
- Knowledge of infection control procedures and safety precautions
- Must be self-motivated and work in a setting of verifying degrees of supervision
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES
- Work requires graduation from an accredited Licensed Practical Nurse program and successful completion of an approved Pharmacology program.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES
- Twelve months of appropriate clinical experience is preferred.
LICENSURE/ CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Current State of North Carolina LPN licensure is required.
- Must be able to work under time pressures in a busy clinic/office environment.
- Must be present on site for 8 hour shifts during standard business hours.
- Must participate in group activities requiring interpersonal skills & cooperation.
- Must work as late person when scheduled or according to business needs
- Must be able to react quickly and immediately respond to emergencies.
- Must travel between locations on needed basis.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments, conflicting demands & priorities.
- Must maintain attention to detail over extended period of time.
- Must be continually aware of variations in changing situations.
- Must be able to move throughout office environment throughout day.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to push/pull 50 lbs.
- Must be able to carry 50 lbs.
- Must be able to reach for objects by extending arms.
Requisition Number 401507700
Duke Entity PRIVATE DIAGNOSTIC CLINICS
Job Code 4521 MLPN
Job Family Level C2
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires graduation from an accredited Licensed Practical Nurseprogram and successful completion of an approved Pharmacology program.
No experience required.
Auto req ID