Application Analyst I – II (Cadence Application Analyst)
The Cadence Application Analyst couples knowledge of applicable hospital revenue cycle processes with knowledge of information systems to implement, maintain and support Duke IT applications.
- Interprets and analyzes systems, data, and information with supervision.
- Implements applications, tools, processes and structures that assist end users with the management of data in their business unit.
- Provides systems support, including troubleshooting and the configuration and testing of software.
- Ensures security of technology solutions with supervision.
- Participates in planning and providing customer training sessions on system use or revisions.
- Assists in making oral and written presentations to project teams and management.
- Completes moderately complex tasks and portions of larger information system projects with direction.
- Identifies internal resources to build project team performance.
- Updates system, operational and department documentation.
- Recommends areas for process improvement.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- In addition to the duties described for the Level 1, the Level 2 will:
- Applies best practices to the management of the information system life cycle.
- Analyzes, modifies, designs and researches information systems and processes.
- Analyzes customer requirements; researches, designs, acquires and implements innovative systems.
- Assists in the evaluation and revision of existing information systems.
- Provides analysis and advanced support including hardware maintenance, trouble shooting, component replacement and repair, system monitoring and the installation and maintenance of software.
- Ensures security of technology solutions including maintenance and development of ISOPs as well as assisting in vulnerability management.
- Makes oral and written presentations to project teams, management, and other departments.
- Coordinates and operationalize simple to complex projects with direction.
- Initiates, writes and evaluates system, operational and department documentation.
- Identifies areas for procedural improvements. Provides detailed specifications describing functions to be automated.
Required Qualifications at this Level
- Bachelor's degree in a related clinical or technical field, or four years of equivalent technical experience required.
- LEVEL 1:
- Epic Cadence or Referral Certification (may be completed at Duke expense after hire, but is required for continued employment)
- LEVEL 2:
- In addition to the requirements described for the Level 1, the Level 2 requires:
- At least one Epic Certification and one Epic proficiency in modules as determined by management
Level 1- Two years in a related hospital revenue cycle position is required; scheduling or pre-registration related work is preferred.
Level 2 – Four years of related experience required.
- Customer Service
- Critical Thinking
- Statistical Reporting
- Data Coding-General
- Data Analysis and Trending
- Effective Oral and written communications
- Database Design/programming
- Ability to translate business process into technical solutions
- All skills listed in level 1 and to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of project management to many deliverable
- Designing specifications for information systems
- Implementation of information systems
- Maintenance of information systems
- Procurement procedures
- Quality Assurance (may be required)
- Adult learning and training methods (may be required)
Requisition Number: 401508084
Duke Entity: HEALTH SYSTEM
Job Code: 3839 DHTS APPLICATION ANALYST
Job Family: Level CD
Full Time/Part Time: FULL TIME
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas, an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Bachelor's degree in a related clinical or technical field, or four years of equivalent technical experience required. LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: LEVEL 1: If applicable, maintenance of North Carolina licensure or certification in related clinical discipline is required for all levels. LEVEL 2: In addition to the requirements described for the Level 1, the Level 2 requires: Certification in an area of application support of a technical or support nature preferred. LEVEL 3: In addition to the requirements described for the Level 2, the Level 3 requires: Certification in an area of application support of a technical or support nature strongly preferred.
Level 1 - No experience required beyond the minimum education (or equivalency) requirement. Level 2 - Two years of related experience is required. Level 3 - Four years of related experience is required.
Degrees, Licensure, Certifications
Auto req: ID105974BR