Full Stack Developer
3 days left
- Full Time
OFFICE OF THE DEPUTY VICE-CHANCELLOR (LEARNING, TEACHING AND STUDENT SERVICES)
Centre for Flexible Learning
This position is responsible for assisting in supporting the design, development and implementation of e-learning applications that enhance the online learning and teaching environment using the University’s learning management system. The appointee will also be responsible for assisting in producing innovative and high quality software applications, products and services within an agile scrum environment that is highly user-centric. The developers are the backbone of the scrum team and will be expected to work productively with each other and the more user-facing colleagues. They will develop a deep understanding of the (often complex) landscape of trainee and learner management and become proficient in this area as this will inform development decisions.
The Person We Seek
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
- A Degree in Computing or Information System or Information Technology;
- Ideally 4 years working experience in the implementation and management of Learning Systems technologies;
- Knowledge of web technologies such as HTML5, responsive design, Bootstrap, JQuery and GIT for source code management;
- Knowledge of mobile development frameworks such as Ionic, Angular;
- Experience in project management, and the delivery of IT projects in an educational setting;
- Skills in using IT communications systems, networking and data management systems;
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills;
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Able to take the initiative, solve problems and work without supervision to achieve goals and meet deadlines;
- Able to work well in a multicultural team environment;
- Personal and professional integrity.
- Preference will be given to applicants with:
- Working experience in the USP region;
- Knowledge of mobile development;
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix environment;
- Knowledge of software testing and quality assurance processes;
- Experience in MOODLE codebase and development standards.
The position is available for a term of 3 years and may be renewed by mutual agreement.
Salary Range: Level 1 FJ $42,789 to FJ $52,418 per annum
Enquiries: Dhiraj Bhartu, Phone: 323 2575, email: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 18 November 2018
How to Apply
Candidates may use the University’s online E-Recruitment system to view full details and apply for this position at https://www.usprecruits.usp.ac.fj Manual and emailed applications are no longer accepted. Candidates may request further information from the Human Resources Office; tel.: (679) 32 32072; email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Please also include the following documents in your application: Cover letter and Resume clearly addressing key Selection Criteria, academic transcript and names of three referees, one of which must be your current or most recent direct work supervisor.