OFFICE OF THE VICE-CHANCELLOR & PRESIDENT
Strategic Partnerships, Advancement and Communications
The Strategic Partnerships, Advancement and Communications Section within the Vice-Chancellor’s Office is looking for a highly qualified individual for the position of Manager Communications. The appointee will report to the Executive Director of Strategic Partnerships, Advancement and Communications and provide support to him/her in accomplishing the communication accountabilities for the University.
The core responsibilities of the Manager Communications are development/implementation of communication strategy and annual communication plan which serve the changing dynamics of the University and that create opportunities for future growth of student enrolment by enhancing the profile of the University. The position has supervisory responsibilities and the incumbent is required to work very closely with other Managers and senior staff within the Strategic Partnerships, Advancement and Communications section and across the University in a collaborative manner.
The Person We Seek
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
- Postgraduate qualification in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations or related fields, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/ or education/training;
- Ideally 4 years, and more, of responsible experience in communications and public relations, preferably in a higher education environment or a large corporate organisation;
- Knowledge of higher education administration, public and media relations, strategic communications, project management, budget and staff requirements;
- Familiarity with business computing, websites and electronic presentation media;
- Experience in writing speeches and profiles; and
- Experience with Press-production process and knowledge of social media networking tools.
- Preference will be given to applicants with:
- Experience in managing projects and events and preparation of budgets;
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation methods and best practices;
- Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills;
- Knowledge of the Pacific region;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English; and
- A high degree of flexibility and professionalism.
The position is available for a term of 3 years and may be renewed by mutual agreement.
Salary Range: Level 3 FJ $66,521 to FJ $81,491 per annum
In addition to the above benefits, the University contributes 10% of basic salary to an approved superannuation scheme, provides airfare and relocation costs where appropriate.
Enquiries: Ms. Charlene Rajan; email: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 18 November 2018
How to Apply
Candidates may use the University’s online E-Recruitment system to view full details and apply for this position at https://www.usprecruits.usp.ac.fj Manual and emailed applications are no longer accepted. Candidates may request further information from the Human Resources Office; tel.: (679) 32 32072; email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Please also include the following documents in your application: Cover letter and Resume clearly addressing key Selection Criteria, academic transcript and names of three referees, one of which must be your current or most recent direct work supervisor.