FACULTY OF SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY AND ENVIRONMENT
Institute of Applied Sciences
The University is seeking a Laboratory Manager to join the Institute of Applied Sciences (IAS) to manage the laboratory services of IAS and to support the Director in effecting the Institute’s vision and mission.
The appointee will be expected to provide leadership in ensuring the overall safety of the laboratory and is responsible for managing the daily operations of the laboratory. She/he will take responsibility for all aspects of the laboratory, including compliance with all national/international regulations. As part of this role the incumbent is also expected to review research protocols of internal and external research groups in an effort to stay abreast as to what research projects are occurring in the lab at any given time. The position holder must also update and maintain the Lab Safety Plan/Manual and the SDS Manual and accompany the auditors during Lab Inspections.
The Person We Seek
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
- A Master’s of Science in Chemistry and/or Biology fields;
- Significant experience in laboratory work, including task and staff management;
- Experience in managing processes, presenting technical information, management proficiency, equipment maintenance, and training, analysing information, informing clients, quality focus, lab testing and technical understanding;
- Experience in risk assessment, knowledge and experience with monitoring and testing of persistent organic pollutants and publications in the field of analytical chemistry, environmental health and innovation;
- Familiarity with the regulatory requirements specific to the lab and ensures all users are in compliance with those standards.
- Preference will be given to applicants with:
- A PhD in Chemistry;
- Work experience in the Pacific region.
The position is available for a term of 3 years and may be renewed by mutual agreement.
Salary Range: Level 3 FJ $66, 521 to FJ $74,006 per annum
Enquiries: Dr Johann Poinapen; tel.: (679) 323 2992; email: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 11 November 2018
How to Apply
Candidates may use the University’s online E-Recruitment system to view full details and apply for this position at https://www.usprecruits.usp.ac.fj Manual and emailed applications are no longer accepted. Candidates may request further information from the Human Resources Office; tel.: (679) 32 32072; email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Please also include the following documents in your application: Cover letter and Resume clearly addressing key Selection Criteria, academic transcript and names of three referees, one of which must be your current or most recent direct work supervisor.