Classified Title: Office Clerk
Role/Level/Range: ATO 37.5/01/OA
Starting Salary Range: $11.00 per hour
Employee group: Casual / On Call
Schedule: Mon- Fri, 9am - 5pm
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: 01-MD:Homewood Campus
Department name: 10000072-Scholarly Resources &Special Collections
Personnel area: Libraries
The Sheridan Libraries of the Johns Hopkins University is looking for an individual to work 10-12 hours per week during the Monday-Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm period to help with digitization of books and other library materials; and other collection maintenance responsibilities as assigned. Training for all job duties, including the proper handling and care of books, will be provided.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operate the APT BookScan System, the Epson flatbed scanner, and their related software to produce quality images using the system.
- Also responsible for tracking materials and completing paperwork associated the scanning process.
- Other minor duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Minimum High School or GED.
- Applicant will need to be able to work for extended periods of time on repetitive tasks and pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
- Ability to meet production quotas.
- A high attention to detail.
- Some basic computer skills: Word documents, Excel data entry.
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Special Considerations: Requires working with old books so dust allergies should be considered.
- Near vision acuity and color discrimination sufficient to monitor image quality is required.
- Must be able to stand for up to four (4) hours.
- Knowledge of digital photography a plus.
Note: This position is not benefits eligible.
The Sheridan Libraries and University Museums are strongly committed to diversity. A strategic goal of the Libraries and Museums is to work toward achieving diversity when recruiting new staff and promoting existing staff. The Libraries and Museums prize initiative, creativity, professionalism, and teamwork. For information on the Sheridan Libraries, visitwww.library.jhu.edu. For information on Evergreen Museum and Library and Homewood Museum, visit www.museums.jhu.edu.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.