Program Coordinator Strategic Initiatives - Duke University Development
Duke University Development is widely recognized among its peers as a leader in the field of interdisciplinary or “strategic initiative” fundraising. This model for fundraising – one that extends beyond schools, units, and departments to support ideas that reside at the intersection of academic disciplines – has helped strengthen Duke’s position as a university deeply committed to inter disciplinarity, globalization, and knowledge in the service of society. Investments in these priorities have allowed Duke to attract some of the world’s finest faculty, build first-rate facilities, launch model interdisciplinary institutes and global partnerships, and engage the minds of a new generation of students. The Program Coordinator plans, coordinates and manages administrative and project-oriented activities for the Strategic Initiatives department. S/he will focus on developing and delivering projects, reports, and analysis to advance fundraising for prioritized interdisciplinary initiatives, centers, institutes, and programs as well as enterprise- wide needs of the program. This position allows the Senior Managing Director, the Senior Director, Philanthropy, and the Program Director to be externally focused on program management, fundraising, and donor cultivation and stewardship. The position reports directly to the Senior Managing Director with dotted lines to the Senior Director, Philanthropy and the Program Director.
Data collection & reporting
Using knowledge of advancement database systems and fundraising best practices, the Program Coordinator designs and implements methods to collect, track, and analyze data for the Strategic Initiatives team. This data will be used for establishing and evaluating success metrics around the team’s direct and indirect impact on fundraising for core partners, service provision to core and consulting partners, and interaction with front line fundraisers, faculty directors, and academic leadership. Working with the Senior Managing Director, the Program Coordinator will develop a suite of standardized and customized reports, identifying efficiencies that can be gained by partnering with internal development partners like PRMA.
Convene Strategic Initiatives meetings
- The Program Coordinator works with the Senior Managing Director and the Strategic Initiatives team to set agendas, recruit and prepare speakers, and prepare materials for all Strategic Initiatives meetings, both internal and external, including core partner board meetings as needed. Takes leadership role in organizing subsequent task forces or working groups and follow up action items from these groups.
- Special Projects
- The Program Coordinator may be asked to represent Strategic Initiatives on University Development committees or task forces. S/he will also take the lead on special projects as assigned by the Senior Managing Director.
- The program coordinator assists as needed in preparing endowment agreements and proposals, helps with data projects as needed, and provides calendaring for the Strategic Initiatives team. S/he also helps to arrange and coordinate donor visits and tours on campus, etc.
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong Excel skills required
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Project and data management experience - Experience with Duke Donor Database (DADD) preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and strategically with diverse constituencies
- Ambition, creativity, and resourcefulness
- Fundraising knowledge - Strong customer service orientation
- Team player
- Attention to detail and follow-through
- A commitment to continuous learning
- Project and data management skills
Work requires communications, analytical and organizational skills generally acquired through completion of a bachelor's degree program.
Work requires a general knowledge of funder letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put "Program Coordinator - Strategic Initiatives" in the subject line.
Requisition Number: 401508155
Duke Entity: CENTRAL ADMIN MANAGEMENT CTR
Job Code: 2321 PROGRAM COORD
Job Family: Level 10
Full Time/Part Time: FULL TIME
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires analytical, communications and organizational skills generally acquired through completion of a bachelor's degree program.
Work requires one year of experience in program administration or involving academic, instructional or counseling activities to acquire skills necessary to plan, coordinate and implement a variety of program activities and events.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req: ID105988BR