Analyst, IT, Web Developer
Duke OIT (Duke Web Services)
**This is a one year term position**
Duke Web Services (DWS) is seeking a Web Developer with Drupal development experience to join our team in the Office of Information Technology (OIT). DWS Web Developers are responsible for the development and ongoing enhancement of websites, applications, and associated digital services in support of Duke University’s faculty, staff, and student groups. The position requires the ability to assess feasibility of projects, write functional requirements and specifications, and research and recommend technical solutions, as well as a genuine passion for state of the art and emerging web technologies. Strong understanding of site functionality, site architecture, data flow, and intuitive navigation schemes is expected. The Web Developer reports to the Sr. Manager of Duke Web Services in OIT.
Deliver highly customized web-based software solutions that support the mission of the university by planning, architecting, developing, implementing, and supporting the web technology infrastructure of the institution.
Build and support responsive websites and applications in Drupal and WordPress:
- Develop reusable Drupal and WordPress themes, plugins, and modules with custom PHP as needed.
- Manage existing projects with command line utilities such as Drush or WP-CLI.
Recommend standards for acceptable design and content of Duke University application interfaces and processes in coordination with University standards and policies.
Participate in and help lead forums and discussions for the growing Drupal community at Duke by presenting at meet-ups and other Duke community forums and sharing knowledge and code. Act as a resource for other developers across Duke University and Duke Medicine.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- 2 - 4 years experience working in responsive web development with Drupal
- Comfortable using the *nix command line
- Experience with Git or similar
- Familiarity with a multi-environment dev-to-production workflow
- Ability to determine functional requirements from wireframes and feature requests
- Ability to continuously learn and apply new technologies
- Motivated, focused and self-guiding; works well on a small team
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to interact with both technical and non-technical audiences
- 2 - 4 years experience working in responsive web development with WordPress
- Familiarity with Web Services, such as REST and WebSockets
- Experience writing, maintaining, and tuning enterprise-scale web applications
- WP-CLI and DRUSH familiarity
Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science or related field preferred) and a minimum of 2 years web development/programming experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Requisition Number 401506747
Duke Entity CENTRAL ADMIN MANAGEMENT CTR
Job Code 2423 ANALYST, IT
Job Family Level C
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Refer to Job Description
Auto req ID