Medical Assistant/Medical Assistant Associate
Why work for Michigan Medicine?
You will play an integral role within our institution, and are important to providing the highest quality service to patients and their loved ones. We are eager to assist you in becoming a well-rounded employee and individual, and to help you advance in your career. Don’t hesitate – join our team today, and help us provide remarkable assistance our patients in the Ann Arbor area.
Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings
- 75% Tuition Reimbursement
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Continuous direct patient contact
- Collaborative work environment
- Management that provides quality training and direction
What skills will you master?
As a CRM Medical Assistant you will work closely with physicians and nursing staff to create a comfortable patient experience. This a rewarding career that allows you to assist in delivering personalized and compassionate care to women and couples throughout their reproductive journey. You will have the privilege to participate in the many procedures we offer as comprehensive evaluation. You will also assist our patients in their individualized care and treatment utilizing the highest standard of care and the latest in successful fertility treatments.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Assisting in office procedures for Reproductive Medicine such as hysteroscopy, egg retrievals, and embryo transfers.
- Assisting with Urology infertility procedures.
- Performing phlebotomy duties.
- Managing sterilization of equipment, inventory supply ordering and stocking.
- Assisting with all related compliance requirements.
- Being crossed trained in other clinic support functions.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Graduation from a Medical Assistant program or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work well within a team setting.
- Communicate effectively.
- Demonstrate active listening, written, verbal and information technology skills.
- Excellent computer and telephones skills.
- Excellent attendance record demonstrated.
- 0-1 years of experience.
Medical Assistant Associate:
- 1 – 3 years of experience
- Must meet all requirements at the Medical Assistant level
- Recent experience in an outpatient setting with a good attendance record.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills.
- Working knowledge and experience with MiChart Ambulatory Care.
What will your work schedule look like?
Variable, Monday through Sunday.
The working schedule is very fluid and spread over 5 weekdays and Weekend mornings; The working schedule is directly driven by patient services
475 Market Place, Suite B
Briarwood Bldg. 1
Ann Arbor, MI 48108
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
You will be required to do some moderate standing and walking, as well as lift, position, push, and/or transfer patients.
You will be trained within the department by one of our tenured Medical Assistants.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.