Call Center Representatives Inter
What skills will you master?
This position will support Adult and Pediatric Non-Cancer Urology patients for Michigan Medicine.
Our Call Center Representatives are the first point of contact for our patients, families and referring offices. We expect our agents to provide exceptional customer service with every call. In joining this department, you will contribute to the growth and expansion of this nationally ranked program. Not only will you schedule complex urological procedures such as Cystoscopies, Cystometrograms, Prostate Biopsies, Penile dopplers, and Urodynamics, you will also gain vast experience working within MiChart. During your time working in Urology, you will learn to master the web-based phone system, Aspect. We are excited to help you grow your skills!
In addition to these specialized skills you will:
- Strive to meet Michigan Medicine Call Center standards and operational expectations for the Department of Urology.
- Schedule new and return patient visits determining appropriate clinic provider based on specified standards utilizing the Cadence/MiChart Scheduling System.
- Utilize written communication skills accurately/appropriately when composing telephone encounters in MiChart, email communications and internal messaging.
- Perform telephone triage and distribute for action; document according to specified clinic standards.
- We do require that you have a High school diploma or GED
- We do require that you have 2 – 3 years of experience, including reasonable customer service experience
- Some office experience is necessary
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology is necessary
- Excellent attendance record and punctuality
Urology Centralized Call Center, North Campus Administrative Complex
While the North Campus Administrative Complex (NCAC) may be located off of the main medical campus, we do scheduling for 11 Ambulatory Care Clinics across the state of Michigan. Housed in a 2-story building just off Hubbard Rd on the north side of Ann Arbor, the NCAC has great parking and many amenities nearby.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.