Sales Assistant Intermediate
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume. Combine as one PDF (cover letter first, resume second) when applying.
The University of Michigan Logistics, Transportation & Parking Department is seeking a Sales Assistant within the Parking Customer Services office located at 523 South Division. Position reports to the Parking Customer Services Manager.
- Answer up to 80 phone calls per day regarding parking, transit, and parking permit options. Provide customers with options based on parking availability, shift start/end times, work location, and location from which the customer commutes.
- Process data and generate routine statistical reports regarding sales results. Daily summaries of sales activities - including permit revenue and expenses, as well as preparing cash/check for deposit. Ensure data and reports are maintained and stored according to University standards.
- Maintain accurate records: permit sales, clerk daily transaction reports, etc.
- Assist with bulk mailings to customers (mail merge).
- Perform AVI (parking permit) audits for daily parkers.
- Special projects as assigned (data analysis, running reports, event parking, communicate with customers on parking concerns, etc.)
- Represent Logistics, Transportation & Parking in meetings and events on campus.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a associates degree in business, transportation, accounting, or related field and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of five years of professional experience, including customer service experience.
- Cash handling and credit card processing experience.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, as you will serve as a representative of the organization to internal and external customers. Email correspondence (grammar) and ability to expediently and accurately respond to customers is a must.
- Attention to detail as well as sound judgment and the ability to problem-solve effectively within appropriate guidelines and parameters.
- Highly developed organizational skills, along with experience and competence utilizing and leveraging technology.
- Must adhere to a high standard of personal and professional conduct; possess a dedication to excellent customer service, interpersonal skills, and have a demonstrated ability to interact with a diverse population.
- Must be an active team player with the ability to work independently; possess strong prioritization skills; ability to handle multiple responsibilities in a fast paced environment with multiple interruptions, and demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Reasonable clerical experience, including MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Must have an excellent phone demeanor and ability to think on your feet.
- Ability to move and transport 25 pounds.
- Typing speed of at least 40 wpm.
- Significant preference given to candidates with advanced experience using the T2 and/or McGann system.
- Significant preference given to candidates with knowledge of the University of Michigan parking and transit system (knowledge of bus routes, parking lot fill times, etc.).
- Strong knowledge/functional use of Excel (formulas, macros, etc.)
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
40 hours per week
Monday - Friday
a.m. - 5 p.m.with an hour lunch break
Facilities & Operations seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan, to sustain the excellence of the university, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of knowing and learning.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.