Research Associate in Biochemistry
Division/School School of Biochemistry
Contract type Open Ended
Working pattern Full time
Salary £33,199 - £37,345 per annum
Closing date for applications 14-Nov-2018
Title: Molecular mechanisms of DNA targeting and cleavage by the Type V CRISPR-Cas nucleases
A BBSRC-funded Research Associate position is available to work in the lab of Prof. Mark Szczelkun. We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic individual to investigate how on-target DNA binding by the Type V Cas12a (also known as Cpf1) leads to DNA cleavage, and how DNA cleavage is avoided at off-target sites. You will use biochemical assays (e.g. FRET) and single-molecule magnetic tweezers assays.
You will be assisted in DNA and protein purification by a part-time technical post.
You will join an established and well-funded research lab in the DNA-Protein Interactions Unit. A PhD (or soon to be awarded) in biochemistry, biophysics, or a related subject is essential. You will have a keen interest in the mechanisms of microbial defence systems, such as CRISPR-Cas. Previous experience in protein enzymology, fluorescence spectroscopy, single molecule microscopy and/or the analysis of DNA-protein interactions, is desirable, but training can be provided.
More information on the role can be found in the job description and research information at:
Informal enquiries can be made to Professor Mark Szczelkun (firstname.lastname@example.org)
We appreciate and value difference, seeking to attract, develop and retain a diverse mix of talented people that will contribute to the overall success of Bristol and help maintain our position as one of the world’s leading universities.
More searches like this
- £30,001 - £40,000 Permanent Biological Sciences Research Associate jobs in City of Bristol
- £30,001 - £40,000 Permanent Physical Sciences Research Associate jobs in City of Bristol
- £30,001 - £40,000 Permanent Life sciences Research Associate jobs in City of Bristol
- £30,001 - £40,000 Permanent Physics & Astronomy Research Associate jobs in City of Bristol
- £30,001 - £40,000 Permanent Chemistry Research Associate jobs in City of Bristol