Research Assistant in Life Sciences - Physical Sciences
Position Title: Research Assistant
Discipline: Life Sciences - Physical Sciences
Job Type: Research Related - Research Assistants/Officers
The candidate will work at the Centre for Advanced 2D Materials (CA2DM) at the National University of Singapore. CA2DM has been created for the conception, characterization, theoretical modeling, and development of transformative technologies based on two-dimensional crystals, such as graphene. Aimed at being a world leader in innovative and emergent materials science, with strong ties to the industry and academia, the Centre will directly contribute to a new generation of scientists and engineers who will have a permanent impact in the society and business enterprise landscape of Singapore, and worldwide. The candidate will have plenty of opportunities to interact with experienced individuals in fields ranging from electrical engineering, material science to physics, chemistry and biology working with state of the art equipment and facilities.
The role is within research & development of new filtration media and devices using graphene and/or graphene oxide requiring the application of knowledge in preparation and evaluation. This includes data interpretation and methodologies development to provide new products and prototypes. The position requires a proactive individual who can work in a multidisciplinary team focused on industrial applications of graphene.
Candidates must hold a Bachelor/Technical Degree in Science and Engineering related areas with relevant experimental and practical experience. The candidate should have:
- Practical experience in one or several of the following areas: handling filtration systems, polymer composites, materials characterization methods, quality control of new fabrication processes and samples, methodologies applicable for filtration and microfiltration development
- Rigor, strong work discipline, motivation and innovation mindset, initiative taking and punctual reliable with ability to meet tight deadlines
- Scientific insight with capacity to enable results and provides expertise during technical assistance
- Be proactive in seeking out information relevant to the work and discussing issues and problems
- Knowledge in membranes characterization techniques
- Experience in presenting scientific information at technical reviews with the ability to tailor the content accordingly
- Ability to shape and drive a research agenda to deliver technical and business benefits
The formal application should be submitted by email to: email@example.com
Email submissions must include cover letter, curriculum vitae and the contact details of three potential references.
Potential candidates will be contacted by phone and invited for an interview.
Apply for Research Assistant in Life Sciences - Physical Sciences
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly