Classified Title: Biostatistician
Working Title: Biostatistician
Starting Salary Range: $51,975-$71,497
Employee group: Full-Time
Schedule: M-F; 8:30am-5:00pm
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: Working 37.5 hours per week; Monday-Friday 8:30-5pm
Department name: 10002817-SOM DOM Pulmonary
Personnel area: School of Medicine
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage and maintain multiple large datasets for several studies. This will include colating and storing mhealth data and merging multiple datasets.
- Develop and implement tracking systems to monitor and report study progress.
- Attend weekly scientific meetings.
- Present and disseminate information and data analyses.
- Prepares analysis plans, and writes detailed specifications for analysis files.
- Interprets analyses and writes statistical sections of study reports.
- Performs analyses on large, complex datasets, and documents analyses using Stata, SAS, R, or SPSS.
- Provides research design guidance to study investigators.
- Assist in the development of questionnaires by making recommendations to data collection procedures and databases structures.
- Performs constructions of datasets, variables, codebooks, and data cleaning.
- Performs double data entry comparison.
- Identifies potential problems with study data and collaborates with research team to resolve issues encountered.
- Make suggestions or provide solutions to problems related to data management and statistical analysis.
- Produce tables and graphs in publication-quality form, and present results to investigators.
- May coordinate the work with study staff including a research data analyst and research program coordinators
- Performs other duties as assigned - tasks and other functions outside the scope of this position.
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Master's Degree in Biostatistics, Epidemiology or related quantitative field.
- One year of related experience.
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of SAS, Stata, R, or SPSS, REDCap, Access, Excel, MSWord.
- Experience in database management and data analyis.
- Knows the informal policies, procedures and practices necessary to conduct the normal function of a specific section, unit, or work area. Is aware of the role of the position and its potential impact on the working unit.
- Exchanges routine information in an appropriate manner requiring good oral and written communication skills.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information