Device Support Analyst
The Device Support Analyst provides remote and on-site support and maintenance for workstations, printers, and peripheral devices. The Device Support Analyst fields customer questions and problems, and uses their technical knowledge to independently resolve the issue, or partner with the appropriate Duke IT technical resource to identify the solution.
Duties and Responsibilities of this Level
Level 3: In addition to the duties described for Levels 1 & 2, the Level 3 will:
- May function as a technical leader, either as a subject matter expert with proficiency in defined area(s) of the profession, or as a generalist, with a broad knowledge of all aspects of the profession.
- May function as a team leader, responsible for supporting management in day-to-day personnel oversight and workflow management activities.
- Use advanced technical knowledge to troubleshoot problems, identify root cause, and bring problem to resolution.
- Responsible for administration of computer images, deployment, and standardization of centrally managed software applications and processes.
- Manage departmental projects and initiatives, ensuring timely response/feedback to customers.
- Provide second/third level end user PC support.
- Coordinate configuration/installation and general troubleshooting of PC hardware and software.
- Implements hardware and software testing.
- Directs end user training and documentation.
- Provides status reports, problem summaries, and project status as required.
- Oversee selective activities of desktop computing management including software and hardware configuration, testing, scheduling, updates, upgrades, preventive maintenance, vendor returns, and asset management.
- Monitor and scan for security vulnerabilities and risk in order to minimize threat.
- Assist in evaluating new requirements and recommend new processes and standards as appropriate.
- Design and execute project plans, define job scope, and work with the business owners and project managers in the implementation and deployment of assigned projects.
- Facilitate team projects to enhance the technical infrastructure or improve the quality or efficiency of the problem resolution process.
- Build and deploy software distribution packages for designated applications.
- Upgrade and/or update software to latest version.
- Train technical support personnel in the use and support of new products and systems.
Required Qualifications at this Level
Associate’s degree in a related field, or two years of equivalent technical experience required.
Level 3- Five years of IT experience required, to include one year in an IT-related device support environment.
Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification:
Must have a current N.C. driver’s license
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Level 3: In addition to the KSAs described for the Levels 1 & 2, the Level 3 will demonstrate:
- Advanced understanding networking fundamentals.
- Advanced understanding and knowledge of workstation remote management and software distribution
- Advance knowledge of imaging, patch management, scripting/automation, and software packaging technologies and processes
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of desktop operating systems methodologies (file system, registry, services, etc.) as well as system tools and remote desktop support
- Basic knowledge of project management
- Ability to work effectively with customers at all levels as well as with outside vendors and contractors
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative the responsibilities that will be required of this position and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total duties and responsibilities of this position.
Requisition Number: 401507978
Duke Entity:HEALTH SYSTEM
Job Code: 3841 DHTS DEVICE SUPPORT ANALYST
Job Family: Level CD
Full Time/Part Time: FULL TIME
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Associate's degree in a related field, or two years of equivalent technical experience required.
Must have a current N.C. driver's license.
- No experience required beyond the minimum education (or equivalency) requirement.
- Two years of IT experience required, to include one year in an IT-related device support environment.
- Four years of IT experience required, to include one year in an IT-related device support environment.
Degrees, Licensure, Certifications
Auto req: ID105964BR