Duke Vascular Specialists of Raleigh
Perform routine administrative and patient care supportive duties in a Health System medical practice to assist medical, clerical and or nursing staff in the examination and treatment of patients and ensure office runs smoothly.
- Administrative duties may include but not limited to the following (answering phones greet patients, update and file patient medical records, fill out insurance forms, handle correspondence , schedule appointments, arrange hospital admissions, arrange for laboratory services, handle billing and bookkeeping, and perform other administrative duties as directed
- Taking medical histories and recording vital signs
- Change sterile and non-sterile dressings, remove sutures and staples
- Compression stocking measurements
- Preparing the room and patients for examination and procedures
- Collect and prepare laboratory specimens
- Post OR cases and ensure patient has consent for procedure/surgery
- Arrive patients, check out, make appointments
- Dispose of contaminated supplies
- Authorize drug refills/prescriptions to pharmacy
- Perform other clinical functions as delegated and supervised by the physician
- Perform other clerical/ clinical functions as delegated and supervised by the RN team lead and/OR Health Center Administrator
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Good customer service skills, work requires the ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions generally acquired through a high school education and medical assistant programming,heavy lifting and the ability to transport stretcher and wheelchair patients may be required,
- Working knowledge of sterile techniques and special procedures that are applicable to work performed,
- Working knowledge of procedures and techniques involved in administering routine and special treatments to patients,
- Working knowledge of sanitation, personal hygiene and basic health and safety precautions applicable for work in a clinic setting, working knowledge of infection control procedures and safety precautions, age specific competences, daily clinic preparation process, registration, scheduling, charge posting, order entry, typing skills, medical terminology,
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients and clinic staff
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES
- Graduation from a medical assistant program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES). High school or GED graduation required
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES
- No experience required
LICENSURE/ CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Certification or registration required through AAMA or AMT.
- Must be able to work under time pressures in a busy clinic/office environment.
- Must be present on site for 8 hour shifts during standard business hours.
- Must participate in group activities requiring interpersonal skills & cooperation.
- Must work as late person when scheduled or according to business needs.
- Must be able to react quickly and immediately respond to emergencies.
- Must travel between locations on needed basis.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments, conflicting demands & priorities.
- Must maintain attention to detail over extended period of time.
- Must be continually aware of variations in changing situations.
- Must be able to quickly move throughout office environment throughout day.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. Must be able to push/pull 75lbs.
- Must be able to carry 50 lbs.
- Must be able to reach for objects by extending arms.
Requisition Number: 401506568
Duke Entity: PRIVATE DIAGNOSTIC CLINICS
Job Code: 4261 MEDICAL ASSISTANT, CERTIFIED
Job Family: Level C1
Full Time / Part Time: FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary: Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Level I -- Graduation from accredited Medical Assistant program strongly preferred. High school or GED graduation required.Level II -- Graduation from a medical assistant program accredited bythe Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs(CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES)strongly preferred. High school or GED graduation required.Level III -- Graduation from a medical assistant program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs(CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES)strongly preferred. High school or GED graduation required.
Level I -- No experience required.Level II -- Must have at least 1 year of clinical experience as a Medical Assistant in a clinical setting.Level III -- Must have at least 3 years of clinical experience as a Medical Assistant in a clinical setting.Note: 1 year of experience will be provided for an Associate degree in Medical Assisting.General Ladder Statement: In addition to the education and experience noted, applicants must meet all requirements set forth in the Medical Assistant, Certified (CMA/RMA) Ladder Program document for Levels II and III.
Auto req: ID105897BR