Nurse in Ambulatory Care
Brier Creek - Vascular Center STAFF AND TRIAGE NURSE ROLE
Independently plan and provide professional nursing care for patients in ambulatory clinic settings in accordance with the medical and nursing plans of care and established policies and procedures. Provide nursing services to patients and families in accordance with the scope of the RN as defined by the North Carolina Board of Nursing. Provide nursing services to patients and families in accordance with the scope of the Triage RN as defined by the North Carolina Board of Nursing.
This RN role incorporates a phone triage responsibility including Assessing clients; planning, implementing and evaluating client care; collaborating and consulting. Possible on site supervisor of daily operations with strong problem solving, analytical skills and interpersonal skills. Triage RN duties may include but not limited to:
- Managing the clinic Nurse Triage Line
- Collect and analyze patient data based on information gathered from parent or caregiver via the telephone. Communicate with patient’s medical provider regarding questions or concerns from parent or caregiver
- Communicate with other members of the patient’s care team when necessary
- Document information gathered and nursing actions taken regarding telephone conversations with patient’s parent or caregiver
- Relay lab and radiology results to parent or caregiver.
- Schedule new and follow up appointments for patients
- Plan, provide and document professional nursing care in ambulatory settings, utilizing the nursing process, in accordance with physician orders and established policies and procedures, under the supervision of the nurse manager, charge nurse or practice manager.
- Collect and analyze patient data, make recommendations for nursing care plans, evaluate nursing care provided, document and communicate appropriately nursing actions taken and patient responses. Utilize this data in Performance Improvement Initiatives.
- Delegate tasks and supervise the activities of other licensed and unlicensed care providers.
- Act as Joint Commission Liaison; actively participate in Team building/Work culture Committee. Work directly with Health Center Administrator to develop and establish standing protocols as needed.
- Assist other nursing personnel in the delivery of patient care and serve as a team leader
- Monitor and initiate corrective action to maintain the environment of care, including equipment and material resources.
- Participate in own professional development by maintaining required competencies, identifying learning needs and seeking appropriate assistance or educational offerings.
- Support the development of other staff and formal learners. Participate in the identification of clinical, operational and safety related performance improvement opportunities.
- Participate in clinic or entity level performance improvement activities.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein
- Dressing changes
- Cross train to perform procedures as needed.
- Perform POC lab test
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Surgical Experience preferred,
- Charge Nurse experience preferred,
- Triage/Telephone experience preferred
- Strong keyboarding and computer skills
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES:
Work requires graduation from an accredited BSN or Associate's Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program. BSN preferred All registered nurses without a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate BSN program within two years of their start date.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES:
Twelve months of appropriate clinical experience is required. Prefer medical/surgical experience Supervisory experience preferred Strong Team player, Detail oriented, Extremely organized Strong Computer skills and keyboarding preferred Positive attitude, strong work ethic and personal initiative necessary
LICENSURE/ CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Must have current or compact RN licensure in the State of NC.
- Must be able to work under time pressures in a busy clinic/office environment.
- Must be present on site for 8 hour shifts during standard business hours.
- Must participate in group activities requiring interpersonal skills &cooperation.
- Must work as late person when scheduled or according to business needs
- Must be able to react quickly and immediately respond to emergencies.
- Must travel between locations on needed basis.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments, conflicting demands &priorities.
- Must maintain attention to detail over extended period of time.
- Must be continually aware of variations in changing situations.
- Must be able to move throughout office environment throughout day.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to push/pull 50 lbs.
- Must be able to carry 50 lbs.
Requisition Number: 40150795
Duke Entity: PRIVATE DIAGNOSTIC CLINICS
Job Code: 4180 AMBULATORY CARE NURSE II
Job Family: Level E1
Full Time / Part Time: FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary: Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires graduation from an accredited BSN or Associate's Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program.All registered nurses without a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete the program within five years of their start date.
Twelve months of appropriate clinical experience is required. At manager's discretion, employees with 6 months of experience who are exceptional performers may be eligible for this level.
Auto req: ID105962BR