Associate Professional Specialist
We are looking for a highly-motivated mouse embryo microinjectionist/lab manager for a new laboratory at Princeton University studying preimplantation mouse development. This position provides the opportunity to:
- Create and run a small state-of-the-art transgenic laboratory and learn cutting edge CRISPR/Cas9-based genome editing methods.
- Work in an innovative, interdisciplinary and scientifically stimulating surrounding.
- Take part in further improving CRISPR/Cas9-based genome editing methods, develop new targeting strategies and explore working with non-conventional model species.
- Help set up new embryo micromanipulation lab for generation of genetically modified embryos and mouse models using CRISPR/Cas9 editing - primarily serving the research needs of the Posfai lab, and also providing transgenic services for several other mouse user labs in the department
- Prepare CRISPR/Cas9 reagents
- Carry out embryo collection, microinjection, electroporation, embryo transfer surgeries and post-operative care
- Efficient mouse colony management, including breeding, superovulation injections, and plug checks
- Independently plan and schedule transgenic experiments
- Diligent record keeping and use of animal database
- Order and maintain supplies for the embryo micromanipulation lab
- Doctorate in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry, Veterinary Medicine, Biotechnology or related area.
- Minimum 2 years' experience with transgenic techniques such as pronuclear microinjections and embryo transfer surgeries
- Good hands and flexibility to learn new microinjection techniques
- Experience breeding genetically modified mouse lines
- Proficiency in molecular biology techniques (plasmid preparations, PCR, basic cloning, in vitro transcription
- Demonstrated ability to assume and take full ownership of responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills
This is a two-year term position with the possibility of renewal. This position is subject to the University's background-check policy. Applicants must apply by November 11, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. EST at https://www.princeton.edu/acad-positions/position/9362.
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Biological Sciences Other Professional Services jobs in New Jersey
- Fixed Term Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health Other Professional Services jobs in New Jersey
- Fixed Term Physical Sciences Other Professional Services jobs in New Jersey
- Fixed Term Life sciences Other Professional Services jobs in New Jersey
- Fixed Term Medicine & Dentistry Other Professional Services jobs in New Jersey